+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lucky Star

Newbie Maclane is off to a good start Maclane's Avatar
    Thanks

Lucky Star

I have just recently finished watching lucky star and I was wondering if there is a season 2? if there is where can i watch it?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lucky Star

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Maclane View Post
    I have just recently finished watching lucky star and I was wondering if there is a season 2? if there is where can i watch it?
    With the main characters graduating from high school, there's no more story to tell...

The only thing that has come out since the end of the TV series is the single episode 'Lucky Star OVA'...

Lucky Stars
    Lucky Star OVA - Anime News Network
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Maclane is off to a good start Maclane's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you for the info. i was pretty sure the series ended but you never know

Newbie nooj444 is off to a good start nooj444's Avatar
    Thanks

there is no telling if there is a session 2 or not.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Currently there are no reports whatsoever to confirm if there will ever be a second season to "Lucky Star". As LenMiyata states, the main characters have graduated from the high school and has lost the basis for a "school day" story. "Lucky Star" is still currently in publication in "Comptiq" and "Comp Ace" magazines and the girls have indeed moved into college, but unfortunately the girls have seemingly gone into different schools. Storywise it also seems that the story is slightly shifting focus to the group of Yutaka, Minami, Hiyori, and Patricia.

*On my personal speculation of the current story there may be a small chance of a new "main" character developing from Yutaka and Minami's new class as one of the "background" character seems to be making numerous repeated appearances, but again, its just my speculation*

On a side note Yoshimizu Kagami has also started a spin-off of the series featuring the Miyakawa girls. The two started off as the original characters to the "Lucky Star: Moe Drill" Nintendo DS game. (They have made two brief appearances in the anime. First in ep16 during the scene at "Gamers" and once again in the final ep in front of the school gate.) They are also currently in a process of creating a forth "Lucky Star" game to follow the two DS games and the one PS2 game.

:Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku (The Miyakawa Family's Empty Stomach/Starvation):

The series is still holding strong with its popularity and have broadened its reach to media outside of anime, games, manga, novels, and etc. A few months back "Lucky Star" has worked in collaboration with company called "brother" for custom printer, scanners, etc.

"Lucky Star" is also currently in collaboration with CAPCOM with the "Street Fighter" series and there are plans of a Lucky Star x Street Fighter Nendoroid figure project. There is also a "secret" artwork of Konata's in the home console versions of SF4. Yoshimizu-sensei actually have gotten into "trouble" with CAPCOM when he released some info and secrets of SF4 prematurely before the game was even released on home consoles.

Given how "Lucky Star" is maintaining its popularity well over a year since its conclusion on-air than there's really no denying that there may be a small, but not an indefinite, chance for a second-season.

*EDIT* 6/16/09

Even more "Lucky Star" news straight out of the July '09 issue of "Comptiq" magazine.

-Yet ANOTHER series collaboration figure!!! This time? It's "Macross Frontier". The girls appeared cosplayed as:

Konata - Alto
    Kagami - Kulan
    Tsukasa - Ranka
    Miyuki - Sheryl

The HP of the manufacturer *pics available!!*:

Ichiban Kuji HP

-"Lucky Star" motor oil. YES, "MOTOR OIL"...and to add to that, they're SCENTED as well. (WTF right?) Currently two types: Peach and Apple Mint.

-"Lucky Star" MasterCard...yes, a "Lucky Star" designed credit card.*Japan only, too bad eh?*

*More info next month of the upcoming game, the "Lucky Star" live, and also Yoshimizu Kagami-sensei's upcoming short story Lucky Star manga, NOT an 4-koma!! (4-panel)

...now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna have a little Lucky Star induced freak out now. orz
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Jun 16, 2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Adding more "Lucky Star" info
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinku no kage For This Useful Post:

Maclane (Jun 13, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread