+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: manga & anime on age limit

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: manga & anime on age limit

I believe that some Mannga should have at least a age limit because of the content in the book but most manga should be available to everyone to buy and read
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the age limits are there for a reason such as one that Len stated. I dont think minors should be out there being able to buy an 18+ hentai manga and/or anime. They give the age limits based on content as it is usually described right on the cover/sticker/etc. The manga restrictions usually tend to be vague and is usually written out for explicit sexual and/or violent content. Same goes for anime, most anime presently have the age limit/recommendation on the back and in most cases they even explain the reason for the rating.

The ratings/limit is there to protect the animation studioes, manga publishers, and even us, the viewers. The creators/publishers need to be sure that explicit content is warned of and recommended to certain age groups as to avoid getting complained/sued by angry parents/etc. Its for the benefit of EVERYONE.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Wink Re: manga & anime on age limit

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Well the age limits are there for a reason such as one that Len stated. I dont think minors should be out there being able to buy an 18+ hentai manga and/or anime. They give the age limits based on content as it is usually described right on the cover/sticker/etc. The manga restrictions usually tend to be vague and is usually written out for explicit sexual and/or violent content. Same goes for anime, most anime presently have the age limit/recommendation on the back and in most cases they even explain the reason for the rating.

The ratings/limit is there to protect the animation studioes, manga publishers, and even us, the viewers. The creators/publishers need to be sure that explicit content is warned of and recommended to certain age groups as to avoid getting complained/sued by angry parents/etc. Its for the benefit of EVERYONE.

i agree but i don't think all hentai have any labels on them and there are some kids who are able to get someone to buy it for them. but the labels will be a good idea though
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post

but what about the people who never look at the rateings >.< (myself and others...) and what about the people who do not care about them... just a little radical idea give everyone in the world id's and have little spie camera's on all of the mature manga books ^^ (hard to do but would solve the problem...) (hi ^^)
    death and life are one and the same

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I will put it like this: can you imagine a six year old reading or watching Elfen Lied, Dead Note, Ayashi no Ceres? not to mention a lot more... or like len states: Hentai being watched or being read by little ones? There is a reason why there are age limitations. It is like the movies (if u want to see it that way) there are movies for every age. I don't see a child watching the Saw movies and not getting nightmares.... and heavens know what more....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

ya I can see that happen... to think about it its scary now... Most 10 year olds watch those R rated movies >.< and if you look at the types of things on the internet that if you misspell one thing you could get into a sick and horrid web-sight. Well look at it this way you can read most mangas online now. So those little kids looking for there little manga series stumble apon one of these Hentai series... (I just find that scary...)
    death and life are one and the same

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Because like Chobits you laugh so hard that hes a pervert and gets noses bleeds funny stuff and it seems like for kids because its a cartoon .

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I know ALL hentai anime/manga that are released in the US have an 18+ ONLY warning on them (albeit in some cases its in a rather small font tucked away in the corner of the back cover), some even have a "clean" edited DVD case cover so that anyone that picks it up wont see "un-censored" material (Unless they're old or imported items). Not to forget that in cases of most retailers they should be putting the products under their system as "Adult" merchandise and should be carding the buyer.

As for anything that is under 18+, then you guys make a point. Retailers are not required to card buyers for items with limits lower than 18+, which infact makes it possible for little kids to watch gory/suggestive animes like Elfen Lied. The same can be said for manga but in recent days most publishers would distribute "mature" manga in plastic...although it doesnt do a thing from little kids ripping it open in stores to read. *sigh* Retailers should be keeping an eye out for those things as if any child/teen opens the plastic packaging they (rather their parent) should be held liable.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast