Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Melancholoy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Melancholoy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post

So they introduce the characters in the 2nd episode, so what's in the first? I'm sure it's episode 1 on the DVD (looking at the PCPP DVD right now, might watch it later), but I could be wrong...

So are the DVDs in the order the episodes were shown on TV in, or are they in episode 1,2,3 setup? I'm thinking I might start digging this up, it's just gonna be interesting to work out where...

the first episode was about how they filmed their SOS Brigade movie .. there was no introduction to anyone at all .. and there wasn't a "real" anime watching until the last three minutes of the episode ...
    In reality, the first episode of both the broadcast order and DVD release order is episode #11, which is the SOS Brigade film entry for the high school arts festival. (In the high school arts festival episode, you notice that Haruhi and company are not involved in any cosplay cafe or other club organized activites, this is because they made that film) From what I understand, the first episode is actually the end result of the 2nd Haruhi novel (which covers the adventures of the filming of the festival entry) though they never did explain about Kyon's talking family cat. Hopefully this will be explained in the 2nd season...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

When I started this series I tried to watch it in the order it was broadcast but that just confused me so I ended up watching it chronologically. I want to get the manga, now, and check it out. I also can’t wait for season 2.

I really loved this series. It made me laugh my head off. I love the relationship between Kyon and Haruhi. They’re complete opposites and it’s just funny to watching them interact with each other.

My favorite character would either be Kyon or Haruhi. I liked how Kyon narrated the story and expressed his perspective of the characters around. And his bored and sarcastic way he described things just really entertained me. Why I don’t know but it did. As for Haruhi, I just loved her spontaniousness. You can never tell what she’s going to do next.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I JUST COMPLETED THE ENTIRE SERIES AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

I watched the last two episodes today and I must say that they are my favorites from the series so far--the episode where Haruhi and Yuki fill in for ENOZ was a close second. ^_^

I'm dying to see season 2 now! I can honestly say that there wasn't a single sucky part within the series. I'm goin' out to buy season one in a week or two, so I can obtain all the nifty collectors items. Is the manga out already, or is that something still in production? There's a bookstore right by my job, I'll go right now, LOL.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

*True Haruhi Nerd*

I have the The Melancholy of Harui Suzumiya Drama Cd, The Concert they did on it (the one that's in Lucky Star), some of Aya Hirano's music (person who does Suzumiya) and a bunch of other crap that i love dearly >>

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    *True Haruhi Nerd*

I have the The Melancholy of Harui Suzumiya Drama Cd, The Concert they did on it (the one that's in Lucky Star), some of Aya Hirano's music (person who does Suzumiya) and a bunch of other crap that i love dearly >>
    Yeah, I'm hopin' to find some sweet deals on Haruhi paraphenilia online. ^_^

All I've got right now is a hand full of nothing. LOL. You know of any place I can obtain some cool Melancholy gear while ballin' on the budget?

Newbie ZeelZy is off to a good start ZeelZy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I JUST COMPLETED THE ENTIRE SERIES AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

I watched the last two episodes today and I must say that they are my favorites from the series so far--the episode where Haruhi and Yuki fill in for ENOZ was a close second. ^_^

I'm dying to see season 2 now! I can honestly say that there wasn't a single sucky part within the series. I'm goin' out to buy season one in a week or two, so I can obtain all the nifty collectors items. Is the manga out already, or is that something still in production? There's a bookstore right by my job, I'll go right now, LOL.
    um does any one no when the next season is coming out I can't wait
    EIN!!

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

um does any one no when the next season is coming out I can't wait
    Oh my gosh. I was looking up information so I could answer this question and I just ran into something and its not good news. It’s from Anime News Network, too, a pretty reliable source as far as I know.

There are currently false reports, sometimes attributed to Anime News Network, that there is a trailer for season 2 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. There is no such trailer, and no information available about a possible season 2. This hoax maliciously linked to an automated banning script that ANN uses for maintenance purposes, the script has been disabled until it can be retooled so that it can no longer be abused in this manner.

I really hope someone can prove this wrong because I’m about to cry now.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a August '07 NewType scan DECLARING the official start of production on the 2nd season of TMoHS, hell, it even says that its official on the cover of the magazine...I think that a scan of it may be in our gallery, most likely by tsurara-san. Let me go check:

Its written right there on Konata's PC screen. This is from a while ago too so...who knows, it may be soon. (o.O)!! Well, in Japan at the least.

*returns from the search*
    OK, seems like I was wrong...not in our gallery so...I'll upload a scan of it myself. =w= Although I did find some nice Lucky Star scans from tsurara-san that I somehow overlooked. Xd
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Dec 31, 2007 at 06:37 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast