+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid - Anime

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Anime

Well it depends on where they start it from. It they are making a brand new side story that has nothing to do with the storyline of the game then it would probably better as a movie. But if they start from the beginning and open with the story of Metal Gear from NES then it should be a series.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

the metal gear solid the anime was okay but it like the game bette rthen the anime tho its odd i dont know why i just do and its most likely got something to do with the anime not being close to the games story line and how things work
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The thing is that the vast majority of console games to anime conversions have resulted in mediocre anime series... It would take award winning writing talent to turn a series like "etal Gear Solid' into a popular successful anime series...
    I love Hideo Kojima's games. The Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders games are awesome! Top notch! But I agree with LenMiyata; it takes a extraordinarily talented group of writers to make MGS into an anime that would turn out good ratings.

Look at what happened to Zone of the Enders. The anime was okay. But the game's story was much, much better. I mean it was okay because it was a spin-off of sorts. It wasn't a prequel/sequel to Z.O.E or a continuation of the original plot, but it wasn't really what I expected. And Metal Gear would face the same fate if it didn't have extremely good writers.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I love Hideo Kojima's games. The Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders games are awesome! Top notch! But I agree with LenMiyata; it takes a extraordinarily talented group of writers to make MGS into an anime that would turn out good ratings.

Look at what happened to Zone of the Enders. The anime was okay. But the game's story was much, much better. I mean it was okay because it was a spin-off of sorts. It wasn't a prequel/sequel to Z.O.E or a continuation of the original plot, but it wasn't really what I expected. And Metal Gear would face the same fate if it didn't have extremely good writers.
    u nailed this one hammer and all this is exactly what i was tring to say....cudo's because i couldn't find the right words i need to make my point make sence.the games story was so much better too
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaarasandkiller1 View Post
    u nailed this one hammer and all this is exactly what i was tring to say....cudo's because i couldn't find the right words i need to make my point make sence.the games story was so much better too

It's good to know I can still read minds, LOL. Seriously though, I don't think that they should bother making a Metal Gear Solid anime unless they've got the bucks (or in their case, yen) to hire a super-team of writers.

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

That sound interesting if Metal Gear Solid its going to release as an anime.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

The Metal Gear series is so deep and complex, the anime creators wouldn't even need a team a writers. There's already a ton of content out there, so it would practically write itself. I'm none too good with finishing the games, so I would love to relax and enjoy the story in a more passive way. I just absolutley suck at stealth, so I've never played though any MGS from start to finish despite my effort. The idea of making an anime is genious, but it could also result in failure. I don't think we're the only ones thinking about this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    The Metal Gear series is so deep and complex, the anime creators wouldn't even need a team a writers. There's already a ton of content out there, so it would practically write itself. I'm none too good with finishing the games, so I would love to relax and enjoy the story in a more passive way. I just absolutley suck at stealth, so I've never played though any MGS from start to finish despite my effort. The idea of making an anime is genious, but it could also result in failure. I don't think we're the only ones thinking about this.
    I think the only way the anime would be any good is if they kept the same writers they've been using for the actual games. Find a kick-ass director and let Kojima-san produce it. Then he'd at least--in a small way--get to keep creative control. It would be like watching the game, in a sense. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast