Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern anime or old fashioned anime

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that anime has lost its luster since the switch to computer animatio

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually FLCL was made back in the days of GAINAX Studios hand drawn cell production... but, ultimately, the quality of the series still depends on the quality of the writers. There are big budget productions that lose sight of what their trying to accomplish, and simply become a good excuse for complex CGI graphics (such as the Anime movie feature 'Steam Boy' and the 'Ghost in Shell: Innocence' ), and then there are award winning series that excel in the story that they present, (e.g. 'Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo', 'KamiChu', 'Full Metal Alchemist' and 'Gundam Seed') winning awards almost despite their advanced CGI effects...
    Last edited by Hassun; Jan 11, 2007 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Gits name corrected
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that anime has lost its luster since the switch to computer animatio

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually FLCL was made back in the days of GAINAX Studios hand drawn cell production... but, ultimately, the quality of the series still depends on the quality of the writers. There are big budget productions that lose sight of what their trying to accomplish, and simply become a good excuse for complex CGI graphics (such as the Anime movie feature 'Steam Boy' and the 'Ghost in Shell: Innocences' ), and then there are award winning series that excel in the story that they present, (e.g. 'Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo', 'KamiChu', 'Full Metal Alchemist' and 'Gundam Seed') winning awards almost despite their advanced CGI effects...
    Ah, thank you for correcting me on the FLCL mistake, and yes many animes utilizing the new cgi are great and deserving of their awards. The writers are really the soul of the anime, but its how that soul is shown that im looking at, and i do believe that hand drawn animes put more life into the subject matter because you can see the unsteady marks that are made by the hand of the artist, and not that insanely crisp and precise marks of the computer.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Modern anime or old fashioned anime

I like both because it enables us to compare the difference between the two.It is fascinating and you can find out what contrasts between the old and new,even if it may seem boring.

Newbie natsuhiko may be famous one day natsuhiko may be famous one day natsuhiko's Avatar
    Thanks

actually i like the old school one...
    but the modern one is good too....
    the old anime i like the most is PROJECT ARMS....
    the modern anime i like the most is YAKITATE JAPAN & EYE SHEILD 21

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I think it's stabilizing these days.
    There was a period where the CGI was slapped around your ears just because it was new and hip but quality series have since been made with the use of CGI.
    It's about balance and incorporating the CGI into the drawings so it doesn't stand out too much. The GitS Stand Alone complex series and Last Exile are good examples.

Newbie fallen_ninja may be famous one day fallen_ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats an issue but i think that as long as it anime it will by ok by me i do think drawn anime is better thought
    The power to destroy lies within all of us some ignore it some imbrace it me well just don't mess with me. What is death but a voyage to another realm ?

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

older anime over newer less confusion and tlking and more fighting
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimchi24 View Post
    Let me ask you whats your favorite one? Old school? Or Modern?
    Me personally is Both cuz if an anime is good, ill watch it
    [im also doing this cuz i wanna find out more anime to watch

*Image removed*
    Good question, They are different but i think i enjoy the older ones better!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast