Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern anime or old fashioned anime

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that anime has lost its luster since the switch to computer animatio

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I think it's stabilizing these days.
    There was a period where the CGI was slapped around your ears just because it was new and hip but quality series have since been made with the use of CGI.
    It's about balance and incorporating the CGI into the drawings so it doesn't stand out too much. The GitS Stand Alone complex series and Last Exile are good examples.
    Those are 2 good examples of a nice blend of technology and tradition. It definately has come a long way sine Golgo 13: The proffessional.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that anime has lost its luster since the switch to computer animatio

One of things that made me graviatate to anime was the hand drawn look of it... How each and every movement was drawn out in detail... I always loved that.
    I don't mind the use of the computer to aid the animators. Even with CGI they are still working their tails off to bring us some darn good anime! I don't quite like it if there is too much use of computers... It takes away from the whole meaning of anime.
    just my opinion, of course! ^_^
    i must say I adore Galaxy Express 999... I love that style of animation.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    I think they still look ok. I can really tell when it is done on the computer,but it doesn't look bad to me.
    It is definatly different, I do think they havn't lost much luster though. It is a different look.

Newbie zeldalover may be famous one day zeldalover may be famous one day zeldalover's Avatar
    Thanks

simply put- no- i dont think so. to me its only getting better.
    animetheme.com one of the best anime sites ive ever been to.

Newbie theedge182 may be famous one day theedge182 may be famous one day
    Thanks

i didn't know that it was ever animated in cartoon i always thought that it was alway computer animated.

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theedge182 View Post
    i didn't know that it was ever animated in cartoon i always thought that it was alway computer animated.
    well im glad that this thread has taught you something, that means its allready exceeded my expectations and gone farther than just general discussion and debate. There are a ton of good anime from the old school, and i suggest that you check some of them out if havent seen them allready, the movie fist of the north star is great, and the series form is just as good if not better.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Vandread was not hand drawn am I right?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie theedge182 may be famous one day theedge182 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Modern anime or old fashioned anime

i don't really know what the old school looks like but if it looks like some one drew it with some colored pencils and same action i think i would like it better. because it would kidof be like watching manga.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast