Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Naruto Uzamaki

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Monkey D. Luffy vs. Naruto Uzamaki

fun fun funny weeeeee that must have a good time and kill alot ...^^... but wat about rasagun (or wat ever) and also what about narutos new jutsu that his master is going to have him make ^^ (still say luffy will win though...)
    death and life are one and the same

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    You do realize that Luffy can
    • lift over 100 tons*
    • is impervious to most physical attacks
    • is nearly impervious to pain itself (especially when he is is royally pissed off and his nakama are in danger or if the concept of a dream is bashed)
    • can move in speeds faster than the blink of an eye (Gear 2nd)
    • can increase his own super strength a hundredfold (Gear 3rd)
    • has dealt with villains and fighters that are stronger than most characters (IF NOT ALL) in Naruto (Sir Crocodile, Enel, Rob Lucci, Gecko Moria)
    • has defeated over a thousand men without breaking a sweat (Enies Lobby)

Watch Luffy's fights and compare his abilities to Naruto yourself. Of course, there are spoilers, but there's nothing really spoiled since we all know that Luffy wins.
    Finale to Luffy versus Crocodile
    Finale to Luffy versus Bellamy
    Finale to Luffy versus Enel
    Honorable mention - Luffy versus Ussop
    Finale to Luffy versus Blueno
    Finale to Luffy versus Rob Lucci

More in depth:

Sir Crocodile is a sand user, but Gaara is an ant compared to him. Crocodile has spent years mastering his own ability. He has FULL control over sand. He can turn his own body to sand, making him completely invulnerable. He can drain a person's body of water just by touching them. His only weakness is that if his opponent is covered in water or any liquid, his physical damage immunity is negated and his opponent can touch him.

Luffy beat Crocodile with brute strength after covering his fist with his own blood. Gaara was never beaten with brute force, rather he received a change of heart and Naruto only succeeded in waking him up. Naruto had help from Gamabunta before Naruto used the power of the friendship speech to convert Gaara to Narutoism. Luffy just beat the crap out of Crocodile and won.

Luffy's only weakness aside from the natural Devil Fruit user's reaction to water is sharp objects, but that doesn't matter at all. Luffy has been stabbed many times and he just shrugs it off like it was nothing. In fact, Crocodile stabbed Luffy THROUGH THE CHEST with a poisoned hook [as seen in the end of their first fight] and Luffy still came back tour de force.

Okay. Let's look at everything in Naruto's arsenal for the sake of being fair.

His strongest attack as of yet is the Rasenshuriken. It attacks in the cellular level, striking the nucleii of each cell, but the drawback is that it causes severe damage on Naruto as well. If Naruto were to use this, Luffy could sustain quite a bit of damage, but then again, the chemical property of his body is pure rubber therefore it is possible that his cells are reinforced with a polymer as well. Then again even more, Rasenshuriken creates microscopic chakra spears. This could make it affect Luffy's cells.

Then there's Naruto in his awakened four-tailed fox form. He gains instantaneous regenerative capabilities, BUT this causes great stress on Naruto's body. The side-effect is a shortening of his life span and if he were to be in that stress for too long, his body would simply give in and he would die. I can see Luffy pummeling Naruto endlessly with Gomu Gomu no Jet Gatling Cannon and Kyuubi Naruto endlessly regenerating each blow until Naruto himself dies from the stress. Naruto may be fueled by a monster with nearly infinite chakra, but his body is completely human unlike Luffy.

Comparing Naruto and Luffy's handling of physical stress and trauma.
    If Naruto was hit with everything that Luffy has ever had to be hit with, then Naruto would've been beaten to a pulp, with nothing left of him at all. Despite Luffy's rubber body, Luffy still takes physical damage nonetheless. The stronger the opponent, the more of a beating he gets. If you watched his fight with Lucci, he is injured enough where he coughs up blood, indicating internal injuries. Naruto's regenerative capability via Kyuubi helps a little, but on the long run, Naruto's body is too human whereas Luffy along with most characters in One Piece are superhuman.

*"proof" that Luffy can lift 100 tons (just in case of rebuttal).
    • Luffy drags a golden ball around because of Enel.
    From a thread in Narutofan.
    • "50 ton? Gold weighs 19,300 Kilos per cubic meter. Thats 40,530 pounds a cubic meter. The volume of the a sphere is 4/3(Pi)R^3. Assuming a 1m radius. Luffy was hauling 54,000 pounds, 27 tons. Assuming a 1.5M radius, 182,385 pounds or 91 tons. If the ball is 2m? 323,440 pounds, or 161 tons. Given that the ball varies widely in size between 1 and 2m radius, luffys casual strength is somewhere around there. Furthermore the size of the ball multiplied by the frictive co-effcient of average wood and the 45° angle of the stalk means that he can easily lift at leave 1.5 times whatever sum is shown.I remember when I tried to work out a closer figure for the weight based on its height relative to Luffy's, I got 102~ tons. I wasn't being particularly generous though."

As you can see, I take versus threads very seriously.

My apologies to the mods for the spoilers. I needed visual aid for my side of the argument.
    Exactly! I mean, Luffy's attacks are more like hard hitting attacks, and he just has the pure strength that you mentioned, like Luffy being able to lift 100tons and the way u explained on how the distance and wieght of the golden ball he used to fight against Enel was just great. You went into so much detail and proof in more than one way on how much Luffy would royally kick Naruto's arse and I thank you so much. Naruto doesn't stand a chance against him in a battle especially if Luffy was pissed off. Luffy could withstand whatever Naruto decides the throw at him, it would hurt him but if he can shrug of one of Lucci Tenkkai attacks then I'm sure that Naruto's Rasenshuriken wouldn't surfice for very long.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Exactly! I mean, Luffy's attacks are more like hard hitting attacks, and he just has the pure strength that you mentioned, like Luffy being able to lift 100tons and the way u explained on how the distance and wieght of the golden ball he used to fight against Enel was just great. You went into so much detail and proof in more than one way on how much Luffy would royally kick Naruto's arse and I thank you so much. Naruto doesn't stand a chance against him in a battle especially if Luffy was pissed off. Luffy could withstand whatever Naruto decides the throw at him, it would hurt him but if he can shrug of one of Lucci Tenkkai attacks then I'm sure that Naruto's Rasenshuriken wouldn't surfice for very long.
    The Rasenshuriken is basically the only thing that Naruto could use against Luffy, but there are problems with using it.

First, it's still a work in progress. I'm sure he'll master it completely. Most likely with the "Key" that Jiraiya is sending Naruto, but I see the next version of the Rasenshuriken as a last-use weapon. The sort of trump card that ends up killing Naruto or at least puts him in a coma.

Second, if Naruto uses it too much, he'll die. The first time he used in battle, it took longer than usual for him to heal his right arm. What the Rasenshuriken does is that it strikes the nucleii of every cell on the target area, killing each cell completely. The problem is that it also affects Naruto as well. Metaphorically speaking, Naruto is holding a nuclear bomb in his hands and the radiation is burning him just as much as it is his opponent. The microscopic "stingers" of the Rasenshuriken shoots out at random but precise directions and ultimately strikes the core of whatever cell it needs to hit like a heat-seeking missile.

Lastly, Luffy has the brute strength to finish battles in a short durations of time. Most of his attacks don't need too much cooldown or need that much buildup. He activate Gear Second in about a minute. He can activate Gear Third just by biting his finger and blowing into it. There's a minor side effect in using Gear Third, but that shouldn't affect anything. Naruto should be knocked unconscious for the count if he gets hit by Luffy's Gear Third attack mainly because the force of impact is like being hit by a speeding train.

Basically, Naruto can run out of chakra easily. He doesn't want to tap into the Kyuubi chakra. He wants to use his own chakra to power his attacks. The more he taps into the Kyuubi, the more likely the Kyuubi will come out.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie shippolovr1 is off to a good start shippolovr1's Avatar
    Thanks

idk dude...Naruto Uzamaki and Monkey D Luffy...two of the most revered fighters of all time next to Goku and Vegeta...are pretty well-matched except in the event level-ups. Naruto has the upper hand because of the Fox Demon and the fact that Luffy can't possibly defend himself for hours against the hundreds of thousands of Naruto clones from the old school Shadow Clone Jitsu and as if that isn't the only problem...he would have the speed disadvantage too...Naruto would win

*New Shadow Thanks Ihauntforlust For the Creation*

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shippolovr1 View Post
    idk dude...Naruto Uzamaki and Monkey D Luffy...two of the most revered fighters of all time next to Goku and Vegeta...are pretty well-matched except in the event level-ups. Naruto has the upper hand because of the Fox Demon and the fact that Luffy can't possibly defend himself for hours against the hundreds of thousands of Naruto clones from the old school Shadow Clone Jitsu and as if that isn't the only problem...he would have the speed disadvantage too...Naruto would win
    I assume that you didn't read anything from my posts, hmm? Oh well. It's okay. I'll rephrase points from myself.

Luffy has defeated a thousand men strong all by himself and has defeated men that are stronger than five thousand men. He CAN possibly defend himself for hours against an army of Naruto clones. Consider the fact that Naruto can't make that many. Creating a clone requires a balanced portion of Naruto's chakra and Naruto doesn't like depending on the Kyuubi chakra so he uses his own instead. Thus Naruto can't create over a thousand.

Luffy can move at speeds faster than the blink of an eye. Luffy does not have a speed disadvantage.

Calling Naruto and Luffy evenly matched when they don't have any powerups is ridiculous. Mainly because Luffy's natural strength and endurance outmatches most characters in the Naruto series. Luffy can lift over 100 tons. Naruto can't do that.

Luffy is impervious to pain and physical attacks. Naruto isn't physically strong enough to surpass that. Naruto's Rasengan isn't going to do anything.

Luffy's only "weakness" is sharp objects and guess what: he's been stabbed many times and he basically just shrugs it off. He was even stabbed THROUGH THE GUT and he still continued to fight.
    I love my girlfriend.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

From reading through all these posts, it seems to me that it is similar to Goku fighting Hercule, both at their best. it's rediculous.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    From reading through all these posts, it seems to me that it is similar to Goku fighting Hercule, both at their best. it's rediculous.
    Well not really, maybe Goku vs Vegeta in DBZ, not GT.

Vegeta was strong but compaired to Goku's SS3 transformation he was nothing, that's a better comparison between the two besides Goku and Hercule, cuz Hercule wouldn' be able to even inflict pain to Goku.

Luffy and Naruto are among those ranks, at least that's how I feel.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

well I change my statement about naruto and luffy... after looking up on youtube for an hour or so I have to now say that naruto has no chance at all... Luffy would have no trouble what so ever beating him. (unless he goes fox...) Luffy's "fist or giant" is funny ^.^
    death and life are one and the same

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast