+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Most Pretentious anime

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

The Most Pretentious anime

In my opinion Death Note falls in this category. It is a great anime but there seems to be much more assumption and thought than there is action. (even though, ironically, it's about death) It seems that anime that have little to no comic relief or any childish anime cliche are the most assuming and thought-driven.

EDIT: Fixed! -- Hassun
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 08, 2009 at 02:26 PM.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Most Pretentious anime

I would have to agree with you on Death Note. But it is not alone. I think that Vampire Princess Miyu was in the same vein. Weighty on thought and soft on action. But I sort of love those types and I think that many people do. Hence their success.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I would have to agree with you on Death Note. But it is not alone. I think that Vampire Princess Miyu was in the same vein. Weighty on thought and soft on action. But I sort of love those types and I think that many people do. Hence their success.
    Yeah but those anime are sort of underground if you know what I mean. They don't get as much recognition or much publicity but I guess that's why they are better. Like music on the radio, it sucks so you turn to the better, UNDERGROUND music.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree on Death Note... It's very much about the "battle of the genius" as opposed to a lot of action.

I always thought that even though there was comedy, and a bit of action... Welcome To The NHK was also more based on thought, and on the psyche of the Hikkimori. Though bits were funny and entertaining, it all stemmed back to a pretty deep subject.

haha... underground... That I can agree on as well. Some people who watch anime will say, "Death Note has too much talking." (At least, that's what I've heard people say) Death Note became popular simply because it's good. And fangirls have a few more reasons to make high pitched squeals. "ZOMG Light is soooo kewt!!!"

+ Reply to Thread