+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple Boxed Sets.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Multiple Boxed Sets.

I am a huge fan of boxed sets. I prefer to by a whole series at once and boxed sets save money. Plus I liek to watch all of a series then go to another one. They are the best, but it takes so long for them to come out. You are practically a year behind when you do that. Now they have multiple boxed sets, usually two boxed sets for the whole series. They come out much quicker. Though they are still more expensive. I wish they would just come out with the box sets quick. By a time a single season anime series makes it to america it was already been dubbed or subbed, It would be nice if they would just get it over and done with. I quess I love ultiple boxed sets since I cannot get the boxed sets, as quickly. Beats ordering them one DVD at a time. What do you think?

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Boxed Sets.

I'm also a fan of boxed sets. I love that they're so neat and ordered and so very convenient for anime marathons. I'm currently debating over whether to purchase the Fruits Basket box set. Is $46 worth the first season? I was going to buy it years ago but I was hoping that they'd go on with the second season so I could get both at once. Maybe I should just get the manga box set instead. I want a completeeee box set.

I also have a thing for boxes. Anything that comes with a box is cool to me. Jewellery boxes. Shoe boxes. Quite often I like to ask the shop assistant, "does this come with a box?" Haha obsessive much.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mystical shadow angel For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 17, 2009)

Newbie Skizzit is off to a good start Skizzit's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. Having them in a neat box looks alot better on the shelf then individual DVDs IMO as well. Plus it is usually alot cheaper. I really love finding older series that I have not seen yet for killer deals. Like when I bought Nadesico for I think 24.99 for the whole series.

Something that kinda bugs me is when they package the first dvd of a series in a box that can hold all the others from the same series. Not only does this usually mean it will be even longer before the whole series boxed set is released, but seeing the 20-30 dollar price tag on the box gets me all giddy and then I pick it up and it is just the one DVD. Major let down.

Nowdays I do not buy as many DVDs cause I am going back to school and do not have the extra cash. I still always find myself checking out the anime DVD sections at places like Best Buy in search of those killer deals.
    Who needs a signature.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Skizzit For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 17, 2009)

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I still always find myself checking out the anime DVD sections at places like Best Buy in search of those killer deals.
    Speaking of killer deals, I recently purchased the entire Rurouni Kenshin anime box set for just $34.99. That's over 90 episodes! Even though it's only worth watching 'til about episode 64. Still, I was giddy with joyyyyyyy when I saw it. I wonder why it was so damn cheap though. There's nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell. I asked the shop assistant and he said it's because they were stocktaking or something, but honestly? He could have set the price at $50 and I'd still buy it. Not that I'm complaining though. Maybe it's fake... =O Looks real though. =]

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the boxed set expalins why I like anime more then manga. They just don't sell manga in sets. At least not where I shop. Plus it takes manga so long to be released often three per year of a series, that is too slow for me.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Another cool thing about boxed sets is that some of them have certain parts of a whole image that make up a scene from the anime when they are arranged in the proper order, you know what I mean?

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

They are nice but like you said you have to buy like two maybe more and that can cost alot of money and if you really like the show you know and when you buy the boxset you really want to finish the season right after your done with it. So I just like to get the whole season so I have all the episodes for one price.

Newbie NinjaRyu is off to a good start NinjaRyu's Avatar
    Thanks

Box sets are great, if I start on a new anime I always look to see if there is a box set for it, especially short ones like black cat. Bought the complete box set. I don't like the new ones that I'm seeing now with box set season one part one just release a full season. It would be nice if instead of single discs the companies only released box sets, and just a few weeks after the last episode of the season airs.
    "I've come to deliver some bad luck" Train Hartnett

+ Reply to Thread