Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My dad hates anime!

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My dad hates anime!

I completely understand the whole situation. My dad is a minister and my mom is beyond religious. They think anime is of the devil or something like that. Over the years my dad has opened up to new things and I have shown him some anime and he finds it rather interesting. At first I showed him some of the mainstream anime that wasn't extreme when it came to violence, profanity, and nudity (those were his three biggest concerns). Its best to start out with light-hearted anime. Eventually they will begin to accept it. My father is actually an Akira fan now.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
    ... I dunno, I know he won't like the artwork no matter what, but I wonder, is there a story he might really enjoy? He loves science fiction, but doesn't like any fantasy. Does anyone know an anime like that?
    If he likes HARD-CORE Sci-Fi, a series I would recommend, (and recently released in a affordable thin-pack collection) is 'Planetes' from Bandai Entertainment...

Products - Planetes: Complete Collection: Bandai Entertainment
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie wishper may be famous one day wishper may be famous one day wishper's Avatar
    Thanks

My dad...he doesnt really hate it..he actually doesnt even care about either if i watch it or not

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I completely understand the whole situation. My dad is a minister and my mom is beyond religious. They think anime is of the devil or something like that. Over the years my dad has opened up to new things and I have shown him some anime and he finds it rather interesting. At first I showed him some of the mainstream anime that wasn't extreme when it came to violence, profanity, and nudity (those were his three biggest concerns). Its best to start out with light-hearted anime. Eventually they will begin to accept it. My father is actually an Akira fan now.
    I'm hoping that's the case, and yeah, I think we do have a similar situation here.

If he likes HARD-CORE Sci-Fi, a series I would recommend, (and recently released in a affordable thin-pack collection) is 'Planetes' from Bandai Entertainment...
    That was a great suggestion, I'll check it out. One thing my dad just LOVES is star trek so if there are any animes similar to that it would be great, and the Planet ES looks like something he may enjoy, and even the artwork isn't quite as 'bad' to his standards.

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Heh my dad never mind me watching anime, but my mom had a huge problem with it. So what I had to do to was get her to watch it with me. Lol I showed her D.N. Angel and after that she didn't have a problem anymore. You should try something like that or a movie like Len said.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fma1012 View Post
    Heh my dad never mind me watching anime, but my mom had a huge problem with it. So what I had to do to was get her to watch it with me. Lol I showed her D.N. Angel and after that she didn't have a problem anymore. You should try something like that or a movie like Len said.
    I tried D.N. Angel, that was my mistake. He hated that so much, he went on, and on, and on, about how much he despised the cartoon. But I'm going to try to find some that he might like...

Newbie Ichigokarate may be famous one day Ichigokarate may be famous one day Ichigokarate's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not so sure that my mom hates anime. My dad doesn't even watch it. I like to watch anime with my brother and sister alot.
    My little brother likes Dragon Ball Z

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
    I tried D.N. Angel, that was my mistake. He hated that so much, he went on, and on, and on, about how much he despised the cartoon. But I'm going to try to find some that he might like...
    try an anime that suits his kinda style i mean what does he love to do or watch and find an anime that is kinda fits his personality or his style that might help i mean it did when i was tryin to find a good anime

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast