Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: My dad hates anime!

Newbie anonymouswolfgirl may be famous one day anonymouswolfgirl may be famous one day anonymouswolfgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My dad hates anime!

you think your dad's the only one who hates animes, well think again! its not just my dad hates animes too, but also my mom. they don't like animes even just a bit. i really can't persuade them to like it and i don't force them to like it either. but at least i'm not having a hard time with them.

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Hmm... If that's the case then Fantatic Children will definately work! Because girls also like it. . .

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
    Gah! It's horrible!

I am a new anime fan, and I really enjoy anime, but my dad just hates it with a great passion, he is even thinking of banning all anime from me! I don't know why, he says it's trash and destroys my mind. And when I ask him why, he says because he hates the artwork. I try to tell him that beauty is the eye of the beholder but he hates that sayings.

So I'm wondering, does anyone here have a problem like this?
    well my step mom and birth dad thinks anime is sin and has to do with the devil lol I thnik they're being silly. They don't even really lets us watch anime over their house!
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

Newbie wishper may be famous one day wishper may be famous one day wishper's Avatar
    Thanks

well...for my dad...theres no prob in me watching anime...
    but my mom..shes like...when are you going to grow up and stop watching animated kids movies...and im like..mom...i dont care, now leave me alone so i can continue with my episodes...and then she goes again with her story...usually it takes her about 5 mins to leave me alone...thats untill the next time she comes into my room...
    shes thinking stuff like...
    anime -> animated -> CartoonNetwork -> little kids
    real movies -> grownups...
    rright...

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

My mom doesn't mind me wathcing anime, she is kool with it. If your dad doesn't stop whinning then the best thing for you to do would be to watch anime when he is not home.

Newbie Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day
    Thanks

My parents can't stand anime either. They think that it corrupts the mind and decreases my intelligence. For a long time, I was only able to watch anime when they were out of the house, but then I got a TV with cable in my room and that solved my problem.
    The trick is to know when to walk away and know when to run!!!

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

My mom doesn't /hate/ the "big-eyed people shows" (heheh) I watch, but she doesn't go out her way to watch them. That said, she accepts I like anime the way I accept she likes watching Old british sitcoms ("She likes what she likes and I wont force it on her"), and doesn't try to stop me from watching or buying them. And then sometimes she'll sit down and watch something with me and enjoy it alot (she thought 'Shin Tenchi' was dramatically entertaining).

It's the same with my other family members, though they've found anime they enjoy as well. My brother use to make me tape the Yu-gi-oh episodes every Saturday morning he couldn't watch it, and my sister keeps pestering me about getting new Case Closed episodes ^.^

But yeah, not to sound like a parot, but if you want to get him into anime, show him anime that would fit the genre of the tv shows or movies he'd watch, or simply don't watch it when he's around. There's quite a bit anime I know would definitely raise my mum's eyebrow if she were to walk into
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie bryan22335 may be famous one day bryan22335 may be famous one day bryan22335's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: My dad hates anime!

my mom says it o-kay for me to like anime but my dad hates it too. luckily i have my own tv. so don't worry about it just keep ya head up.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast