Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need an anime suggestion

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Need an anime suggestion

I don't know if you would be interested in this one but it's Samurai 7. It's a mixture of mecha and of course samurai fighting. Here's the summary if your interested.

As villages perish under the thumb of the Nobuseri -- a cruel race of warriors who are part men, part machine -- a young priestess named Kirara travels the countryside gathering stray samurais. But while her hope is that these brave souls can rally to save the land, she's not certain they can put their differences aside. Set in a postwar, futuristic world, this animated tale is based on the epic Akira Kurosawa film The Seven Samurai.
    It's also got like 27 episodes so you'll have plenty to watch. Anyway, hope this helps you!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    I've heard good things about Nadesco, but never really got around to trying it.
    Nadesico is definitely something you should watch; it's one of the few (only?) anime that actually makes fun of anime itself, not just a specific genre.

There's also Bubblegum Crisis, a cross between the "Girls with Guns" genre and mecha. I've only seen the remake, which I enjoyed, but I can't really give you any info about the original.

Generator Gawl is good too, and the voice of Gawl in the eng dub is done by the same voice actor who does Ed in Fullmetal Alchemist.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Also, has anyone heard anything good about Gasaraki?
    I hate that anime. Way more then just 'I don't like it' and such. The characters are all forgettable, the 'realistic' mechs...and it has politics...

It has a few innovative and fresh things about it, but I didn't find it to be enough. I thought it lacked soul, but if the if you like the summaries on various sites, go for it. I only saw it because a local bookstore that was closing had the DVDs for five dollars each.

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

There is one anime yet to be mentioned in this category...

Have you tried watching Dual! already?

It's a mix of mecha + parallel universe kinda of story with a little of the "girls fighting over or liking one guy" bit... But that's only for comedic relief... ^^;

Lotsa of fun here... They have some really funny gags in the series...

It's a bit like Evangelion wherein there are opposing sides and civilians to protect in (good-looking) mech battles; but without the angst, as you have specified...

If you want something light-hearted, humorous, and entertaining in, still, a robotic sense... Then I suggest you go right on and watch this... ^^

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yeah, Dual was interesting. There were some things I didn't like about it, but for the most part, it was pretty much what I was looking for.

Newbie robigon may be famous one day robigon may be famous one day robigon's Avatar
    Thanks

gad gaurd a good one and probaly cyborg 009 mayby counted it has some givens

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, Dual was interesting. There were some things I didn't like about it, but for the most part, it was pretty much what I was looking for.
    Yeah, I agree... Some things about it were pretty lacking... And the series didn't run long enough to reach it's full potential when it came to storyline developments... It's really too bad how the episodes can make you feel cramped sometimes... >.<

I really like what they did with the charas though, they were all contrasting yet together... Making it comedic... And it's mostly what I loved about Dual! ^^

Well, if this series pretty much fit the bill, then maybe you should try Martian Successor Nadesico? You never know, it might be just what you're looking for... ^^

Newbie ninjamasterEX may be famous one day ninjamasterEX may be famous one day
    Thanks

i dont get FLCL?an alien rock star? a robot that pops out of his head?if thats weird i dont know what it is?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast