+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a help with DVDs...

Newbie kaesong boy is off to a good start
    Thanks

Need a help with DVDs...

Hello friends,

My good friend and anime fan in the People's Republic of China is offered to buy me some DVD of Doraemon as a gift, because he knows it's not found here in DPRK. But he asks me what is the best one, and I didn't know what to say. I did a small research and found a boxed set of 192 episodes. It's from China, so he should be able to find it. I put a picture in the topic.

Anyone tried this set? It's good quality? Recommend it?

I thank you greatly for any help.
    Attached Images

PROUD OF BEING KOREAN
    Hello from DPRK!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Need a help with DVDs...

Quality is not going to be the best compared to what is here in USA, but if you think about it it's just copied from the originals anyways so yeah quality is not bad. But be aware that it will very likely only have English (many times questionable translations, but acceptable) and Chinese subtitles.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

English subtitle is fine. Not my mother language (as you can see from my awful grammar!) but I can understand it good enough. As long as I will be able to tell what the characters basically are saying, it's acceptable. And either way better than to attempt to guess at Japanese only.

So base on what you say, I think I will do fine with this one. Unless there is a even better one available, like these USA versions?

Price is important though, is this most economical?

PROUD OF BEING KOREAN
    Hello from DPRK!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaesong boy View Post
    English subtitle is fine. Not my mother language (as you can see from my awful grammar!) but I can understand it good enough. As long as I will be able to tell what the characters basically are saying, it's acceptable. And either way better than to attempt to guess at Japanese only.

So base on what you say, I think I will do fine with this one. Unless there is a even better one available, like these USA versions?

Price is important though, is this most economical?
    Well value is different for everyone so that's up to you to decide. But generally DVDs from China has been cheaper than their USA counterparts. I remember back when I got the whole Onegai sensei dvds (full menus and extras) on two dvds for around $30-40 dollars as compared to if you buy in the USA it would cost you hundreds.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

There is that little issue about Region Control of commercial DVDs. I don't know if Korea and China share the same DVD Region, so unless you have a multi-region DVD player, this could be an issue... (And if that DVD release is Region free, then that is an admission that it is a bootleg counterfeit product, which brings up the issue of video quality...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

My region code is region 5, PR China is region 6 (only nation with 6). My player is region-free. DVD set says region "ALL" so maybe quality will be low? So I think maybe I will keep looking. If anyone recommends a set or have any more tips, that is very welcomed.

Also, I want to thank one more time for the help, you are great people.

PROUD OF BEING KOREAN
    Hello from DPRK!

+ Reply to Thread