Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: need new anime

Newbie Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X's Avatar
    Thanks

need new anime

hey guys i need your help. I'm looking for mature anime(not hentai, not ecchi). what do u guys recommend? ive started watching monsters and i'm liking it so far. when i say mature anime, i mean somethin with a strong story and good characters. non of that naruto or bleach kind of stuff.

thanx

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: need new anime

I'll try to give you some that I think no one else will recommend, as I'm sure most, if not all, are going to say Neon Genesis Evangelion, Death Note, Code Geass, ect.

Berserk - Berserk is a very mature anime, and an more mature manga. The story follows Guts as he travels with a band of mercenaries called the Band of the Hawk. It is not an anime for the faint of heart.

Serial Experiments Lain - SEL may not be as mature as say Berserk is for some people, but the ideals that are played out in the show are on a very mentally deep level. Within a minute into the first episode there is a suicide, to give you an idea.

Blue Gender - Blue Gender is a curious anime that doesn't truly involve any immoral discussions, IMO. It is a story of Earth losing control of its humanity against n invading alien force, and how the humans plan to retake Earth.

Type/Moon's Tsukihime, Lunar Legend and Fate/Stay Night - Both of these titles are really good anime, coming from Type/Moon's Video Game series. Tsukihime, Lunar Legend follows the story of Shiki as he travels around with an Elder Vampire in the hunt of a rouge killer who is suspected to be a Vampire. Fate/Stay Night follows Shirou and Saber as they try to win the Holy Grail War.

Tsukihime:

Fate/Stay Night:

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zyta For This Useful Post:

Fuji James (Jun 25, 2009), Malloc-X (Jun 21, 2009)

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X View Post
    when i say mature anime, i mean somethin with a strong story and good characters. non of that naruto or bleach kind of stuff.

thanx
    Claymore - action
    Tokko - action, paranormal
    Gantz - action
    Blue Sub. No.6 - scifi, action. It's 6 episodes long or a 2 and half hour long movie roughly. The plot's good
    Grave of the Fireflies - it's got some action. nothing over the top gorey though. Most people like it.
    Ayashi no Ceres - action, a unique-ish plot. . .

Well that's all I'm coming up with

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tula For This Useful Post:

Malloc-X (Jun 21, 2009)

Newbie Vileofblood is off to a good start Vileofblood's Avatar
    Thanks

I Have Been Watching Mushi Shi And I Fine It Very Suttle And It's Story Line Is Hard To Follow But Is Very Interesting It Puts Me In The Mind Of Hell Girl

Why do i hate me?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vileofblood For This Useful Post:

Malloc-X (Jun 21, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

have you thought about basilisk. That is what I sould consider a mature anime. I would also go for Rumbling Hearts and Air.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

Malloc-X (Jun 21, 2009)

Newbie Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X's Avatar
    Thanks

thanx guys. will be takin a look at these. keep em coming. i am really grateful

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

watch uc gundams....not those ridiculous wing and seed. i mean the true gundams, which is the universal century saga. the reason why they aren't in america is because it's complex and for mature people that can think. the latest is unicorn gundam and it's about to be animated...and i bet most people will not understand most of it. uc it maybe old since it's the first and original, it's contemporary, still popular and still on going.

YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X View Post
    thanx guys. will be takin a look at these. keep em coming. i am really grateful
    Ballad of a Shinigami - the main character goes about her job bringing comfort to the recently dead. But there is amuch more powerful shinigami ina series that is pretty sadistic and basically completely destroys the souls of the recently dead. . . Not as much action as I'd like but . . it's pretty mature I think
    Grenadier - action/comedy. Lots of lawlessness. . . .
    Shamanic Princess - adventure/paranormal. It's a little suspenseful. . . Basicially a magician has to retrieve a talisman that her ex stole. And her ex is being protected by her rival. And . . . you can kinda almost imagine where this is going. but it's good.
    Shana of the Burning Eyes - action/paranormal and it's got plot
    Sisters of Wellber - a marriage of convenience to prevent two nations from going to war. . . The marriage never happens and the bride to be goes on the run to try and prevent the war her marriage was supposed to. There's action.
    Sky Blue - It's not Japanese it's Korean. It's set in the future where there's only one inhabitable place on the entire planet. Most people live in a toxic waste area and mine energy to support the last habitable place on Earth. Not to give too much away, it's a lot of action, and I think it may fall under the category of espionage.
    Bubble Gum Crisis - one of my faves. You've got action, plot, mecha. And lots of "boom"
    Gunslinger Girl - little girls trained to be killers. Does not get better than that.
    Iria: The Zeiram Animation - you've got bounty hunters, huge ships, different planets. Think Cowboy Bebop only not as futuristic.
    Mazinkaiser - Mecha. Bad Guys. A really good/unorthodox pilot
    Queen Emeraldas - futuristic. You've got a chic with some weaponry who pits forces against a villain that is holding people of a colony captive
    Xenosaga - mecha and a lot of fantasy (different from sci-fi) But the plot and the action is good.
    Gundress - it's a movie. A task force of women that handle crime no other law enforcement agency can handle.
    Voogie's Angel - it's mecha. Humans vs aliens that have enslaved the human race.

Hope you find something you like.
    PS: the first two . . I don't highly recommend (They're far from being favorites)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast