+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help woth the name of a movie.

Newbie NickerSan is off to a good start NickerSan's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Need some help woth the name of a movie.

Okay, so this is going to be a pretty terrible explanation, but it's all I can really do.

So I'm watching an anime movie on TV last year... I can't recall what network exactly. It was either Turner Classic Movies or AMC. But anyways, I'm looking for the title of the movie, so I'll try to provide an as detailed description about the scene I saw in the next paragraph. In the hopes that somebody has maybe seen it and remembers it.

Mmmkay, so by the looks of the scene, it was based in maybe what we would consider the late mid-to-late 20th century. So this places it from say, 1950-1995. Maybe that/those wasn't the exact year(s) in the movie, I'm just going on what I saw from the style of clothing and the level of technology. As for when the movie was made... well I would say anwhere from the late 1980's to early 2000's. Based on the animation style and colour palette. I'm not sure what studio made it, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't a Miyazaki film. I've seen a few of his/Studio Ghibli's films and I'm fairly it's not them.

Okay, on to the scene. I only caught about 4 minutes of it, for some reason I changed the channel.

This guy is running away from some woman(I think it was a woman), she had no face and she was running after him as he pedaled away from her on a bicycle. A couple of seconds pass and he assumes he's gotten away, the woman(?) then shows up right beside him on another bicycle. He freaks out and makes for the nearest police station. When he gets to said police station he starts explaining his story to an officer and the conversation goes something like this:

Frightened man: "Officer, officer, there's this woman chasing me. She didn't even have a face!"
    Officer: "Hmm, really? Did she look like this?" *the police officer runs his hand down his face, from forehead to chin. His face then rolls away in the same direction, completely disappearing* (in a very surreal manner, I might add)

The man then freaks out again, hops on his bicycle and attempts to escape again.

At this point I changed the channel. For what reason... I have no idea, since I would've liked to have seen the end.

So if any of you anime fans/guru's out there can help me, in any way, I would be ETERNALLY grateful. I've been looking for the title of this movie for more than a year.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!!!

--- *with... stupid title typo >_>
    Last edited by NickerSan; Aug 18, 2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Need some help woth the name of a movie.

My dear friend, that IS a Studio Ghibili film.The title is "Pom Poko".I guessing that you haven't seen all of the movies yet. The movie is by Isao Takahata. I remember this part well is because this is the part I like from the movie, plus I have all the movies from the collection... I think. I suggest that you watch all the movies from the collection as they are good, especally Spirited Away, Grave Of The Firefly and Howl Moving Castle if you have not done so. Trust me, I have seen all the movies more than once and I should know, Im one of the biggest fan in the world.
    Last edited by cantsenditback; Aug 20, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Newbie NickerSan is off to a good start NickerSan's Avatar
    Thanks

OH. MY. GOD.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much!

And I have seen Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Not to mention I've also seen Princess Mononoke and My Neighbour Totoro. I guess I forgot some of the animation style's finer details since it's been over a year since I saw the scene.

But anyways, thanks a lot! My search is finally at an end.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NickerSan View Post
    OH. MY. GOD.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much!

And I have seen Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Not to mention I've also seen Princess Mononoke and My Neighbour Totoro. I guess I forgot some of the animation style's finer details since it's been over a year since I saw the scene.

But anyways, thanks a lot! My search is finally at an end.
    No problem, Try watching Grave of the firefly its a very good movie, here a link to the ghibli collection

Studio Ghibli Collection
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

+ Reply to Thread