+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New Adult Swim Anime (Code Geass)

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks
    If anyone's wondering why episode 9 hasn't been uploaded yet, it's because of the earthquake that happened so they didn't show it. They're planning on showing a 1 hour special this Sunday (tomorrow) to make up for it. And yeah, that's both episodes 9 and 10.

:'D

Oh, see, you got me excited there. For some reason, I thought that was R2. ;
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jun 10, 2008 at 05:39 PM.

ಥ__ಥ

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Adult Swim Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Cinlilly View Post
    If anyone's wondering why episode 9 hasn't been uploaded yet, it's because of the earthquake that happened so they didn't show it. They're planning on showing a 1 hour special this Sunday (tomorrow) to make up for it. And yeah, that's both episodes 9 and 10.

:'D
    Yes, it is quite a shame about what happened, both the earthquake and the put off of the episode 9. (T^T) Although getting two episodes at once is quite a treat in its own way...an full hour of Code Geass, sweet.

Oh, and apparently [adult swim] streams the new episodes on their website earlier than the TV airing. Its good news for the people that cant be home or awake at the airing time. I was skimming through the website yesterday and episode 7 was already playing...ofcourse I put it off for tonight, it just feels better watching it on the TV. =P

...oh no!! No new posts? Guess I'll have to edit this post to avoid double posting.

Episode 7: "Shoot Cornelia"
    It starts right off taking us into the past events which took action right after Lady Marianne's (Lelouch's mother...and excuse me if I spelled it wrong) death and the tragedy of Nunally's injury. Lelouch holds an audience with the emperor, his father, regarding his mother's death only to be told she was "weak" that he is "dead", that he never truly existed and that he was an existing that was leaning upon the help of the emperor. It is than that Lelouch abandons his rightful claim to the throne. Following that Lelouch and Nunally is sent off to Japan/Area 11 as "bargaining chips" by the Emperor.

We are than brought back to the "present" time of the story where in which Cornelia sets up her forces at the Saitama ghetto creating a similar, if not the same situation that Clovis was faced in at the Shinjuku ghetto, to draw out ZERO. At which time Lelouch is at the academy preparing to leave and C.C. tries to stop him from going as his life must not be put in danger for him to fulfill his "contract" with her. But than Lelouch takes his gun to his own head and persuades C.C. to let him go. When he arrives to the ghetto Lelouch starts off the same way as he did at the Shinjuku ghetto, he uses his Geass and gets ahold of the enemies' Sutherlands and takes command of the guerrillas. At first glance it seemed that all was going to plan but eventually Cornelia's forces started to overpower the guerrillas and because the guerrillas hold no strong loyalty to ZERO they've abandoned their posts and ended up getting killed anyway. Lelouch than tries to approach Cornelia via falling back in the Sutherland, making it look like he was an allie only to have Cornelia order all pilots to come out and show their faces. If not for C.C appearing in the ZERO costume at the time Lelouch would've been done for. It is after this that Lelouch is determined to create his own, loyal army...an army that will not lose to Britannia.

....well thats the gist of it. Excuse me if my summaries are hard to understand or vague. I do try but I am terrible at explanations, I am either short and vague or extremely long running and too detailed.

:My personal thoughts and stuff from the episode:
    -First off the music, I've always loved the music in "Code Geass". Its perhaps because that Nakagawa Kotaro is among the staff. His works included series such as GUNxSWORD, ZOIDS Genesis, and my favorite: s-CRY-ed. Truly amazing.

-The Emperor's speech at the beginning, if anything I actually agree with it. But I just dont respect the circumstances that the Emperor used it on.

-Lady Cecile's cooking...lets just say that she has a "unique taste". (But blueberry jam in riceballs!? Oh Lady Cecile....)

-Shirley's feelings of Lelouch are made clear in this episode...as if it wasnt slightly obvious beforehand. But Suzaku got too close to her even though it was "accidental". Kudos to Arthur for biting Suzaku's hand. *claps*

-"Orange", there is no longer a man by the name of Jeremiah, just "Orange". Muwahhahah.

-The cruel "eradication" of the Japanese/Elevens at the ghetto. While at the other forums, etc. I hear a lot of people say that if was gruesome and/or cruel. They fail to understand that such events are taking place in the real world as we watch anime. (just without the Knightmare Frames and giant, moving fortresses...to our knowledge. O_O)

....I guess that is for now.
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Jun 08, 2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Adding to avoid double posting
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Adult Swim Anime (Code Geass)

Lulu is a sore loser, but lucky for him C2(C.C.) has his back.
    Shirley is so jealous, thinking Lelouch is with Kallen, poor Shirley.

Newbie EmotasticBarbie666 is off to a good start EmotasticBarbie666's Avatar
    Thanks

I know right? But at least Suzaku was there to kinda cheer her up.
    Well, you know what????
    RAWR!!!!!!!!!!

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmotasticBarbie666 View Post
    I know right? But at least Suzaku was there to kinda cheer her up.
    Yes that is true, and maybe she will one day get the courage to
    tell Lelouch, maybe.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Episode 21 is the best episode ever. I was actually clapping my hands together.

If you guys haven't already you should download the series from miniova. I think someone said earlier that they've edited some stuff out on cartoon network.

I like how the British people speak Japanese and when the characters actually say something in English like "yes your highness" it sounds so unemotional.

Newbie rentonthurston27 is off to a good start rentonthurston27's Avatar
    Thanks
    I love it already and last weakend's ep was great. I can't wait to see what happens to lelouch as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    Even so they could have gone for a little diffrent look on Code Geass.Half of the characters in it look the same as there Seed counterparts almost gives the feel of you already seen it lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, the main character designs are much closer to 'xxxHolic' and 'Tsubasa', because the 'Code Geass' characters were actually created by the Manga artist team known as CLAMP, (and I believe this was the first time they did the designs for someone else's non-CLAMP work...)
    ok I'm a little coused now who made code geass?
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jun 10, 2008 at 05:37 PM.

here is a bit of info you all should know. Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything. dont let the little details run your life. when your down just keep on moving.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

@Shodakan:
    Hey, its licensed now so no DLing...although its not like I'm gonna go do something or anything about it, do whatever you guys want. Hell, I watch the new eps on YouTube so I'm not that different...hence I am a hypocrite, I cant wait for ep.10 of R2!! *cough* Anyways...episode 21, it was one of the better episodes but if you havent seen episode 22+ than you're speaking too soon. Episode 22 is basically the biggest turning point/key episode of the series...thats all I'm gonna say. And sure, a few things have been edited but I'm quite sure that the DVD will include uncut episodes like almost all other DVDs...whenever Bandai can set up a damn release date or decides to update their g'damn homepage for the series. And ofcourse they speak Japanese, its an Japanese anime. =P (yes, I'm being a smart-@$$) But you do bring up a interesting question though: Do the characters naturally speak Japanese in Japan/Area 11 or is it done in Japanese for the sake of the audience?

@rentonthurston27:
    The staff that created the animated series are the people that have worked on other series such as "s-CRY-ed" and the "Gundam SEED" series. But the original character designs were done by CLAMP, the guys from the animation studio worked off of that as a base. Understand?
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast