+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: New Adult Swim Anime (Code Geass)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Adult Swim Anime (Code Geass)

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Yesterday I finally received my limited edition Code Geass Art Box (with the first two DVDs, a total of 9 episodes) and the first three episodes were absolutely fantastic. (Which explains why this series took one of the 'Notable' TV series awards for it's year at the Tokyo International Anime Festival).

Now if my second DVD exhibits the replication flaw that's been showing up on the early DVD pressings, I am going to be royally pissed off....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Show us a picture of this "Limited Edition Art Box"
    I won't think about getting a DVD set until all of the errors are fixed... or reduced significantly.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Code Geass Part 1 LE - $74.98 : Bandai Entertainment, The Best in Animation from Japan!
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion DVD Part 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition

The Art Box has an unusual feature of the hinged box lid being able to slide 'inside' the box, to expose the DVD case spines for open viewing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie lilkittykat13 is off to a good start lilkittykat13's Avatar
    Thanks

Very interesting. That makes me want to buy it now. Although that's pretty pricey for a simple boxset with only nine episodes I could get the whole series of cowboy bebop and the art set for that price. Oh well, no one said being an anime fan was cheap.
    "I'd Just be the Catcher in the Rye all day long."~Holden Claufield from The Catcher in the Rye

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    ...The standard edition runs $30~40 and the Collector's Box runs for $50~70 depending on where you shop. (I got my Collector Box for $55 at Best Buy)
    But thats just me...it'd really depend on where you live and where you shop. I tend to find that Best Buy usually tends to sell anime DVDs for about $10 less than the suggested retail price in most places. (ofcourse there are some exceptions) Besides, I guess you havent read my post or looked through the descriptions given in Len's post; the limited box edition comes with Original Sound Track 1, Sound Drama Disc 1, "Code Geass" manga volume.1, and a set of artbooks on top of the two DVDs. I say thats a bargain even at the $75 range considering how each individual volume sells for about $30 each seperately and the manga itself would run at about $10, then the soundtrack would usually go for about $20 if its to be sold seperately...at that point you save yourself some cash by buying the box, and thats not counting the mini artbooks and the Sound Drama CD!! If you wanna save some more money than wait a few years until the Code Geass complete collection box set hits the shelves...if it ever does.

I say that the Sound Drama CD is more than enough reason to buy the box set if you're a "Code Geass" fan. Some of the sound episodes are comical while some actually give a little insight into Lelouch and/or Suzaku's childhood encounter, etc. that hasnt been covered in the anime. I've really enjoyed listening to it. (even though its dubbed in English...T^T) The DVDs even contain a Picture drama, basically still pictures with dialogue. Again, some very entertaining and some insightful into knowing the characters. (One with exceptional fan service might I add...hehehe)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    But thats just me...it'd really depend on where you live and where you shop. I tend to find that Best Buy usually tends to sell anime DVDs for about $10 less than the suggested retail price in most places. (ofcourse there are some exceptions) Besides, I guess you havent read my post or looked through the descriptions given in Len's post; the limited box edition comes with Original Sound Track 1, Sound Drama Disc 1, "Code Geass" manga volume.1, and a set of artbooks on top of the two DVDs. I say thats a bargain even at the $75 range considering how each individual volume sells for about $30 each seperately and the manga itself would run at about $10, then the soundtrack would usually go for about $20 if its to be sold seperately...at that point you save yourself some cash by buying the box, and thats not counting the mini artbooks and the Sound Drama CD!! If you wanna save some more money than wait a few years until the Code Geass complete collection box set hits the shelves...if it ever does.

I say that the Sound Drama CD is more than enough reason to buy the box set if you're a "Code Geass" fan. Some of the sound episodes are comical while some actually give a little insight into Lelouch and/or Suzaku's childhood encounter, etc. that hasnt been covered in the anime. I've really enjoyed listening to it. (even though its dubbed in English...T^T) The DVDs even contain a Picture drama, basically still pictures with dialogue. Again, some very entertaining and some insightful into knowing the characters. (One with exceptional fan service might I add...hehehe)
    hmm, u do seem to have a HUGE point there. I do shop @ Best Buy and I also shop at Circuit City too
    "I'd Just be the Catcher in the Rye all day long."~Holden Claufield from The Catcher in the Rye

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

That's some pretty spiffy box art there!
    And I totally want all that Code Geass stuff that comes in that big ol' box.

Thanks

i agree; any king of boxset with those high qualities is usually designed from japan. LOL IMO i think it was designed in japan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast