Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new anime search

Newbie zyvx may be famous one day zyvx may be famous one day zyvx's Avatar
    Thanks

new anime search

I'm looking for a new anime that is alot like Samurai Champloo. I really like the time period (Edo era) and the fact that most of the characters are not little kids. I love the seriousness of it too. I tend to loose interest when they are too goofy. Here's a list of what i have seen already:

Samurai Champloo
    Cowboy Bebop
    Blue Submarine No. 6
    Ghost In The Shell
    Hellsing
    Full Metal Panic
    Initial D
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Thanks in advance for any help

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: new anime search

hmmm...I'm surprised that you haven't seen Ruroni Kenshin then. Also here's a list of other anime I can reccomend:
    1) Samurai Gun
    2) Gungrave
    3) Burst Angel
    4) Full Metal Alchemist
    5) Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny

...Ruroni Kenshin and Samurai Gun are the only anime that I know that takes place in that time era but I hope you enjoy the other titles I metioned. Hope I was of help.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day
    Thanks

I, too was wondering why you didnt put Rurouni Kenshin, I thought it might be too childish for you lol

it is not

Thanks

Yea, i saw the first episode of Kenshin and im still trying to decide if i like it or not. It was a little childish but alot better than most. I also wasnt really a fan of the really peacefull teachings, but his sword kicks ass. I guess i just need to give it more of a chance. And, I'll look for the rest of those. Does samurai gun have mainly gun fights in it or is that just the name? Oh, and a sidenote, is there any news of an upcoming anime from shinchiro watanabe? Cuz right now, his style is god to me, lol.

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Otaku Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day
    Thanks

watch the OVAs for more violent scenes ,

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

FLCL. Ha. It's totally not what your looking for, but watch it anyway. See how many sexual inuendos you can pick out.

Anyway, Mushishi is a good one. It's about this mushishi named Ginko and his travles from place curing people of mushi-afflicted illnesses. It's all kinds of awesome. Each episode is distant from every other, too, so you can miss one, and it wouldn't matter at all.

I also recommend Disgaea. It's basically the complete opposite of what you're looking for though--demon children, but children, nontheless; a lot of senseless and entirely needless humor; and it's set, possibly present day, or sometime in the future.

Not that it matters to the story at all, which takes place in the demon world. But I assure you that it definitly does not take place in the Edo era/period/whatever.

I'm recommending it anyway, though, because it's so 'up with the awesomeness' (yo). Plus it co-co-stars a trampy demon princess girl, and those are alway good. Really good.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

oh man you have to go way past the first episode before it gets any good. I'd try Naruto If I was you man

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Thanks

aw man, all of these posts are gone too?! :/ I just can't catch a break these days.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast