+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new anime suggestions.

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

new anime suggestions.

Hi guys, and gals, I was just thinking I need to watch some new anime, but I have not heard of any good ones lately, I was wondering if I could get a list of some good, Action, adventure role playing (like Byakugan).
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Otaku Sneakyarrow is off to a good start Sneakyarrow's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: new anime suggestions.

Here is a list of non-mainstream anime (as I assume you probably have already seen all the mainstream stuff) that I have seen and liked w/ a short description.

Air Gear In a time not far off from our own, they have made motors so small, theat they can fit inside small wheels. Groups are formed. Battles are fought. Enemies fall. All in an effort to get the best Air Trecks out there. A young lad finds one of his sister's old pair of Air Trecks and tries them out, finding he is a natural. He forms his own group, "Kogarasumaru" and shows the world what he is made of. Soon there are rumors. Is he destined to be the next Sky King?!

Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning Two years ago, Ayumu Narumi's older brother Kiyotaka, a famous detective and pianist, disappears without a trace. Ayumu's only clue as to his brother's whereabouts is the phrase "Blade Children," the only words Ayumu could make out in Kiyotaka's final phone call. Now in high school, Ayumu becomes involved in solving in a series of murders and other incidents, all related to the Blade Children. Together with his school's journalist, Hiyono Yuizaki, and the unwilling assistance of his sister-in-law, Madoka, Ayumu tries to figure out who the Blade Children are and what are their goals. (Taken from Wikipedia and not my words)

Burst Angel In the near future, due to an unusual rise in criminal activity, it has become legal to possess firearms in Japan so lawful citizens can protect themselves. At the same time, the government established the Recently Armed Police Taskforce, whose methods are exterminating criminals rather than arresting them.

The story opens with Kyohei Tachibana, a student at a culinary arts school with dreams of someday becoming a patissier, motorcycling down an inner city street and becoming caught up in a shoot-out between a mysterious white-haired woman and a couple of gangsters. Kyohei escapes unharmed and ends up working as a cook for Jo, Meg, Amy, and Sei in an effort to gather up enough money to travel to France. The girls, ranging in ages of eleven to nineteen, turn out to be pseudo-mercenary agents for a larger international group known as Bai Lan.

Burst Angel focuses on the group as they investigate a series of mutated human monsters with odd glowing brains that cause various amount of mayhem in Tokyo. (Again, taken from Wikipedia and not my words)

Can't remember anymore. I hope this helps you get up and going.

Est Sularis oth Mithas
    Going home soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sneakyarrow For This Useful Post:

Vandread_Dita (Oct 14, 2008)

Newbie Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita's Avatar
    Thanks

tengen toppa gurren lagann, vandread, ghost in the shell, lucky star(if u like that sort of thing), just to name a few.

i would like to know some also, so lets see some recommendations
    touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable, raw raw fight the powah

Otaku TheLastDarkAngel is off to a good start TheLastDarkAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

therea alot of anime out ther but the 1st ones to come to mind are fafner; dead aggressor, bleach, naruto, death note, code geass, ghost stories, wolfs rain, fullmetal alchemist, s-cry-ed.... and so on.

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vandread_Dita View Post
    tengen toppa gurren lagann, vandread, ghost in the shell, lucky star(if u like that sort of thing), just to name a few.

i would like to know some also, so lets see some recommendations
    oh vandread??? I love that one I want to see it again lol I could watch it over and over again. Lets see what I know to bee good anime are, Gundam Wing, Ranma 1/2, and many others my mind isnst awake right now I am too into music lol.
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Though actually, there are many older releases, that if you haven't seen, you should spend your time (and money) to see....

One of the modern 'classics' released this decade would be Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex which was the first Anime TV series to take an award at the Japan Ministry of Arts & Culture sponsored Japan Media Arts Festival, and the Anime Industry sponsored Tokyo International Anime Fair for the year it came out...

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex

The only other Anime TV series to accomplish the same feat, would be the two award winners of last year... the still unlicensed Denno Coil and the GAINAX Studio series [b]Gurren Lagann[b]...

Bandai Entertainment, Inc. - NYCC Page 01
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie somechick_73 may be famous one day somechick_73 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I second the Air Gear post, it's quite good.

I raise you an Air Master one as well.

If you haven't yet watch Fatal Fury the Motion Picture.

Also watch Hunter X Hunter if you haven't yet, pretty good battles in there.

+ Reply to Thread