Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The New Miyazaki Film, Ponyo

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

The New Miyazaki Film, Ponyo

Today I went to see the new Miyazaki film, Ponyo. I see this being an anime site, I thought for sure people would have posted this topic. So the question that I have is, did you like the film, dislike, or plan to not see it? As for myself the film was actually ok, it was not spectacular, or horrible, it was something to watch with the family. Basically a fish-girl named Ponyo, wants to be a human (Little Mermaid complex), ya de yada, and the same old cliche story ensues. but the art style is actually really simple (almost like a sketch), which is a change considering that it is a Miyazaki film and how his movies are well know for their epic artwork, I actually enjoyed the change and this is what made this movie enjoyable. This should be a must watch for anyone, I don't care for the fact that they are making a big deal about a jonas or cyrus being voice actors, they actually fit the dubbed and I can't really say I hate the dubbed, I liked the movie and I believe it is actually a must watch (just once for the art). how do you feel about the film?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: The New Miyazaki Film, Ponyo

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Today I went to see the new Miyazaki film, Ponyo. I see this being an anime site, I thought for sure people would have posted this topic.
    Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

New Miyazaki Film 'Ponyo' trailer is out

http://www.animeonline.net/f8/miyaza...ler-out-45058/

Yes this is an anime site and yes there have been threads about Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.
    I'm not closing this one though, so feel free to discuss the film here.

Newbie cgplayer is off to a good start
    Thanks

I really like this movie. Although I hate it in English >..<v
    Ponyo was really cute! >..< And her father might've been mean at first 'cuz he cared for Ponyo. But i dont get how Ponyo's mom is supposed to be scary...
    Anyhoo, I really like Miyazaki-san's work. Its really good ^^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

New Miyazaki Film 'Ponyo' trailer is out

http://www.animeonline.net/f8/miyaza...ler-out-45058/

Yes this is an anime site and yes there have been threads about Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.
    I'm not closing this one though, so feel free to discuss the film here.
    Thanks, i've been gone for about 2 months and I've have not seen a recent posting about the american release or see any discussion about how people felt about this film since the release (just thought that their would be more post's about this film seeing that it is a miyazaki movie), but yeah I will try to keep this discussion going.

Otaku kittypurrrrfect is off to a good start kittypurrrrfect's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG I just love Studio Ghibli's movies soooo much. Ive seen it in Japanese but i cant wait to see it in English~ the movie has a fantastic story. even if her dad looks like a woman <,<. and cgplayer i guess her mom was supose to be scary in the fact shes very powerful and most times really big, to something small, something that big can be scary lol. lol i recommend this movie to anyone! young or old! GO SEE THE MOVIE~

~Kawai Neko~ かわいネコ

Newbie animangagrl2772 is off to a good start animangagrl2772's Avatar
    where land and water is made..a place call EARTH
    Thanks

i love studio ghibli ..i want to watch this...i was shock that miley's sister and the other boy( i don't know if hes a jonas or miley's bro) was acting for ponya and the boy(didn't have time to see the whole clip of the movie, so i dnt kno d boy's name)..i would love to be a voice actor in any miyazaki's movie..anyway my bro n i r huge fans we collected all his movies except two and da new one..so i would recommend u 2 watch dis movie..i think its going to be funny and sweet..mostly all miyazaki's movie is like dat..thats y he never seem to amaze me...i would soo want to meet him one day.to tell him how much i adore his work.

Newbie LuisCastellari is off to a good start LuisCastellari's Avatar
    Thanks

I went to see this yesterday and loved it. Miyazaki has struck cinematic gold yet again. The visuals were, of course, nothing short of astounding. All the characters were very well done, though I really did have a problem with Ponyo and Sosuke's voice actors - not because they were a Cyrus and a Jonas respectively, but because their voices just didn't sound all that great. >.< But, Liam Neeson - you can't go wrong with that guy. Also, Ponyo's little sisters are quite possibly the cutest things I've ever seen. This is a lot more kiddy than the other Miyazaki works I've seen (which do not include Kiki's Delivery Service), but's it's still very well done and definitely a must-see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LuisCastellari View Post
    I went to see this yesterday and loved it. Miyazaki has struck cinematic gold yet again. The visuals were, of course, nothing short of astounding. All the characters were very well done, though I really did have a problem with Ponyo and Sosuke's voice actors - not because they were a Cyrus and a Jonas respectively, but because their voices just didn't sound all that great. >.< But, Liam Neeson - you can't go wrong with that guy. Also, Ponyo's little sisters are quite possibly the cutest things I've ever seen. This is a lot more kiddy than the other Miyazaki works I've seen (which do not include Kiki's Delivery Service), but's it's still very well done and definitely a must-see.
    I agree, my only difference is that I liked the voice acting of Sosuke because the character came off more as a ordinary boy then the tough or funny kid and so the voice acting for Sosuke was good, the acting for Ponyo on the other hand came off more annoying instead of cute and sweet, (I think it might have been intentional to show that she was not a real girl, or it could be that the actress didn't know how to measure the character) but other than that I agree with what you said.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast