Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Series by GAINAX to be Released!

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

New Series by GAINAX to be Released!

The production company that made FLCL and Neon Genesis Evangelion are making a new series. It's called The Ugly Yet Beautiful World.
    Here's a link to the trailer on IGN.com.
    http://http://media.dvd.ign.com/medi...39/vids_1.html

GAINAX is famous (or infamous, whichever you prefer) for their unusual and unpredictable style of anime. You never know what to expect from them. What is your take on this anime (at least from the trailer)?

I personally think it looks promising. The graphics seem great, and the storyline seems primising as well.
    Last edited by Jet Black; May 11, 2006 at 04:47 PM.

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Newbie Skyward Arches may be famous one day Skyward Arches may be famous one day Skyward Arches's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Series by GAINAX to be Released!

I checked it out. Something's wrong with the link, though.... I found it anyway. It looks kool.

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

oh i seen that anime before. it was alrite not bad. u should check it out though.

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, I've seen clips from that series scattered throughout various AMVs. Doesn't look bad.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually this series was made in 2004, so its nothing new, unless you are talking about the dvd release. If you watched Mahoromatic then you will see that all seiyuu in konomini are all from Mahoromatic. The rating for this was mixed but because Mahoromatic is one of my favourite, i ended up liking this one as well since everything in there spelled Mahoromatic.

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

So is this just a remake of an old series then? If so, I wonder how GAINAX will handle it?

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    So is this just a remake of an old series then? If so, I wonder how GAINAX will handle it?
    nono, i just said that because it is very similar to Mahoromatic but in terms of story it is different, but it is possible to relate somethings in konomini back to Mahoromatic. It is not a remake.

Thanks

Oh, ok. I never saw Mahoromatic, and I thought I read somewhere that GAINAX was remaking this series, and wasn't the origional creator. Either way, I'm definitely going to watch it. Thanks for the info!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast