+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newtype USA: The Moving Pictures Magazine

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Newtype USA: The Moving Pictures Magazine

Newtype is a magazine that I buy. It's really great...on top of getting the magazine which costs in the USA $12.98 you get inside the magazine a free pin up poster...gotta get giveaway card (you have to be 18 to enter ) and a free DVD with three anime episodes of different series. There are spoilers located in the magainzine. It's focused mainly on anime but there are a few other things in there such as: music, manga, fan art, ect....

Personally it's probably my favorite anime magazine...though I wish it didn't cost as much as it does...I can understand why it does though. So questions or comments?
    Last edited by OfeliasFire; Jun 06, 2007 at 04:16 PM.
    Dear Dinah...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Newtype USA: The Moving Pictures Magazine

Yeah I used to buy it when it was 9.98 that was how far back I went with it. Then it got more and more expensive and I just gave up. I went back to Animerica, a magazine made by VIZ and a company based in San Francisco...which was cheaper...

Honestly I never should have buy Newtype. The magazine is great don't get me wrong, but it's not really a true anime magazine for anime fans. If you are someone who are more about the dvds and the posters and all the pictures then that magazine is for you. Otherwise, for me I love the artwork just as much as I would like to see text and I barely see it. On top of that a section of each month goes to episodes synopsis-es...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Yeah I used to buy it when it was 9.98 that was how far back I went with it. Then it got more and more expensive and I just gave up. I went back to Animerica, a magazine made by VIZ and a company based in San Francisco...which was cheaper...

Honestly I never should have buy Newtype. The magazine is great don't get me wrong, but it's not really a true anime magazine for anime fans. If you are someone who are more about the dvds and the posters and all the pictures then that magazine is for you. Otherwise, for me I love the artwork just as much as I would like to see text and I barely see it. On top of that a section of each month goes to episodes synopsis-es...

Yes I can see where you are coming from about the pictures and what not. Unlike most people I actually read the articles, and I have heard of Animerica but they don't sell it around where I live. I have to go one town and one city away just to buy anime anything. Except for the rare occasions that I find something (usually a really well known anime I like example: Tenchi Muyo) at the local Dollar General. So yeah where I live isn't really a big help in my anime/manga addiction.

Back to what I was saying first though. I do agree with you. I really don't like it when people just buy magazines like that just for the DVD and poster. Personally, half the time I don;t even like the anime on the poster. I do like the DVD though. It helps to introduce new anime so I like that. I also like the manga piece they put in there for you.
    Dear Dinah...

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I can see where you are coming from about the pictures and what not. Unlike most people I actually read the articles, and I have heard of Animerica but they don't sell it around where I live. I have to go one town and one city away just to buy anime anything. Except for the rare occasions that I find something (usually a really well known anime I like example: Tenchi Muyo) at the local Dollar General. So yeah where I live isn't really a big help in my anime/manga addiction.

Back to what I was saying first though. I do agree with you. I really don't like it when people just buy magazines like that just for the DVD and poster. Personally, half the time I don;t even like the anime on the poster. I do like the DVD though. It helps to introduce new anime so I like that. I also like the manga piece they put in there for you.
    Man, I can totally relate to you. It is very hard for me to aquire anime of any kind. If I want to watch anime I either have to watch it through videos on the computer, rent them through Netflix though Hollywood video has a decent collection, or go a city away just to get what I want. As for manga, I have to go a city away too.

Anyway, when it comes to anime magazines I usually get Newtype because it's really the only one in easy access. I also go to some anime magazines online. I also used to get a DBZ magazine. I can't remember what it's called but I stopped reading it a long time ago. I think it has become a Naruto magazine now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Man, I can totally relate to you. It is very hard for me to aquire anime of any kind. If I want to watch anime I either have to watch it through videos on the computer, rent them through Netflix though Hollywood video has a decent collection, or go a city away just to get what I want. As for manga, I have to go a city away too.

Anyway, when it comes to anime magazines I usually get Newtype because it's really the only one in easy access. I also go to some anime magazines online. I also used to get a DBZ magazine. I can't remember what it's called but I stopped reading it a long time ago. I think it has become a Naruto magazine now.

Yeah I know how you feel! I used to buy Shonen Jump but then I grew out of all the mangas in there so I started reading better stuff therefore having to update my magazines as well.
    Dear Dinah...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by OfeliasFire View Post
    Yeah I know how you feel! I used to buy Shonen Jump but then I grew out of all the mangas in there so I started reading better stuff therefore having to update my magazines as well.
    Why don't you two consider ordering your anime and manga online?? One, you don't have to go far to get what you want if you know what you want. And two, you can avoid your manga being read by someone already before you get your hands on it. That's why I never buy it from a bookstore if they don't shrink wrap it.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

I was so excited when I first heard the news about Newtype coming over to N. America. I bought every issue. Now I stopped, don't remember when. All their news, updates etc. are things I can read off the net and I don't care too much about the posters, post cards and DVDs.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Why don't you two consider ordering your anime and manga online?? One, you don't have to go far to get what you want if you know what you want. And two, you can avoid your manga being read by someone already before you get your hands on it. That's why I never buy it from a bookstore if they don't shrink wrap it.
    To put it simply, my parents are very strict when it comes to me ordering thing on the internet so if I ever order anything then its gotta be something I need. Sometimes my mom will let me order some.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast