+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newtype USA: The Moving Pictures Magazine

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Newtype USA: The Moving Pictures Magazine

I acutally like NewType USA. I'm not really into the manga or the gaming, but all the info they give in the anime is really good stuff. Plus they have a listing of the cons in the mag. It helps to see that stuff in there when your not really that good with the internet (like me) or don't know very much about the whole Anime comunity and things like that. Besides it lead me to here through the ads in there. So that should say something good about the mag.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, i love this magazine! I definitly think its the best in america. Of course it can be a little behind at times, but so is evrything else in america that we get from Japan, thats just how it is. And i love the Everybody Cosplay with Jan Kurotaki! Its so cool! ^^ And i love reading the reviews and previews, wordsmith aritcles, music, manga, updates and posters, and of course, the DVD's! This magazine has sooo much i dont know any other that can stand up to it. And the price is better if you subscribe. But im willing to pay even $15 for the issue if i need to. I cant just let it go so easilly! I love you Newtype-USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually still buy Newtype USA although I've stopped for a while back when all the issues in my local stores didnt come with the DVD, etc...dont ask why, they just didnt. So I missed a good 6 months worth of it but now I'm on my 5yr mark.

The #1 point for me is the DVD. Usually 2~4 anime eps and usually subbed, the way I prefer it. Plus previews of upcoming anime,games, and manga. The posters/center fold is good too although I dont really care much for it anymore. For the negatives they've stopped including the postcards in it...uuuuhhhh.

As for the articles it varies. Big hit series or new releases get decent coverage, etc gets...well, not much. They also give you a small list of releases of manga and DVDs for the month so its nice to have something to look at.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Why don't you two consider ordering your anime and manga online?? One, you don't have to go far to get what you want if you know what you want. And two, you can avoid your manga being read by someone already before you get your hands on it. That's why I never buy it from a bookstore if they don't shrink wrap it.

I can't get manga off the internet because I don't have a credit card . Everyone knows you need a credit card for almost everything on the internet, and I am just so lucky as not to have one...crap.
    Dear Dinah...

Newbie rukiasoulreaper is off to a good start rukiasoulreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate it when all the good discounts for anime/manga stuff requires a credit card (ggrrrr) This is the 1st time of heard of other anime/manga magazines besides Shonen Jump. Can someone post up a list of gaming & anime/manga magazines? Thank you

Newbie Chrono12 may be famous one day Chrono12 may be famous one day Chrono12's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah I've seen that Magazine before. Its to expensive for me so I stick to Anime Insider ^-^

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OfeliasFire View Post
    I can't get manga off the internet because I don't have a credit card . Everyone knows you need a credit card for almost everything on the internet, and I am just so lucky as not to have one...crap.
    haha, you COULDN'T be more wrong...I don't know about living in other countries but there's something called Money Order here. I have a credit card, but I still use money order from time to time, especially when I am ordering with a company I do not know for the first time. M/O's are as good as money but will take as long to clear as a check for companies. Back by USPS (United States Postal Services) nearly every company accepts it.

But back on topic, why I don't buy newtype anymore: I am actually more lazy than all of you, I don't even want to drive across town to go buy it...wanted to subscribe to the magazine, but does anyone ever notice that it doesn't give you a price break for subscribing unlike many other magazines??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    haha, you COULDN'T be more wrong...I don't know about living in other countries but there's something called Money Order here. I have a credit card, but I still use money order from time to time, especially when I am ordering with a company I do not know for the first time. M/O's are as good as money but will take as long to clear as a check for companies. Back by USPS (United States Postal Services) nearly every company accepts it.

But back on topic, why I don't buy newtype anymore: I am actually more lazy than all of you, I don't even want to drive across town to go buy it...wanted to subscribe to the magazine, but does anyone ever notice that it doesn't give you a price break for subscribing unlike many other magazines??

Actually I was just saying that out of my personal experiences. Everything I have ever wanted to order off the internet you had to have a credit card for. The sites I find manga on all need credit cards and don't take money orders. So techincally I am not really wrong about anything
    Dear Dinah...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast