+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece

Newbie lilkittykat13 is off to a good start lilkittykat13's Avatar
    Thanks

One Piece

I noticed that wasn't a One Piece thread so I'd start one. FUNimation took One Piece from TOEI Animation and now their releasing it from their company. I find that uber-awesome
    "I'd Just be the Catcher in the Rye all day long."~Holden Claufield from The Catcher in the Rye

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: One Piece

Yeah but all in all the dub still sux. I LOVE One Piece, My favourite anime, but the dub gives it a bad name and I think that n e fan of One Piece should not watch the dub, but instead follow it subbed.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Thanks

one question: have you heard the updated dub? if so then i can't change your opinion on that
    "I'd Just be the Catcher in the Rye all day long."~Holden Claufield from The Catcher in the Rye

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Yeah but all in all the dub still sux. I LOVE One Piece, My favourite anime, but the dub gives it a bad name and I think that n e fan of One Piece should not watch the dub, but instead follow it subbed.
    The butchered 4Kids Entertainment dub isn't used in the FUNimation digi-pack collection release. The new FUNimation English dub is true to the original Japanese script, and even goes so far as to English dub both the ORIGINAL opening and closing theme songs. (Though how long they keep this up remains to be seen...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

The butchered 4Kids Entertainment dub isn't used in the FUNimation digi-pack collection release. The new FUNimation English dub is true to the original Japanese script, and even goes so far as to English dub both the ORIGINAL opening and closing theme songs. (Though how long they keep this up remains to be seen...)

Now see that i didn't know; they used the original japanese script is that why it sounds so good. and yes, yes they did they used the original openings and endings, i was never more proud. so far they've done ending 9~Free Will, Opening 1~We are, opening 4~Bon Voyage, and Opening 3~Hikari E. but all in all their doing ok

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Even though the dub now is better as opposed to how it was portrayed by 4kids, it still fails in comparison to the original, or subs is all I'm saying.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Even though the dub now is better as opposed to how it was portrayed by 4kids, it still fails in comparison to the original, or subs is all I'm saying.
    hmm, i like your point there; but then again the manga will always stand as the creation of all one piece fandom

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilkittykat13 For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (Aug 14, 2008)

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks

I really enjoyed the manga, there were complications and changes when SJ got ahold of it though, the read is so so so much better in japanese, whe it get translated into american english it gets censored too.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast