+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: One Piece

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by thevampirealacrud View Post
    I really enjoyed the manga, there were complications and changes when SJ got ahold of it though, the read is so so so much better in japanese, whe it get translated into american english it gets censored too.
    Is that so? I didn't know that. Is it to the point where someones statement can be taken completely out of context?

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie loknkey is off to a good start loknkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Even though the dub now is better as opposed to how it was portrayed by 4kids, it still fails in comparison to the original, or subs is all I'm saying.
    I usually hate dubs, but I started watching One Piece on 4 kids. The goofy voices seemed to fit with the outrageous personalities. Now I have a hard time imagining Luffy with any other voice. How is the Japanese version different?

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    I usually hate dubs, but I started watching One Piece on 4 kids. The goofy voices seemed to fit with the outrageous personalities. Now I have a hard time imagining Luffy with any other voice. How is the Japanese version different?
    The emotion is top-notch first and foremost. Forget that they show unlimited amounts of blood and show alcohol use and smoke use and that the dialog is TOTALLY different and that it also shows all the episodes and not skip around. the EMOTION you feel when you listen to it, even if u dunno wut they are saying makes it for me.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie MsUzumaki12 is off to a good start MsUzumaki12's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    The emotion is top-notch first and foremost. Forget that they show unlimited amounts of blood and show alcohol use and smoke use and that the dialog is TOTALLY different and that it also shows all the episodes and not skip around. the EMOTION you feel when you listen to it, even if u dunno wut they are saying makes it for me.
    THATS HIM!!!! hes the one tryin to get me into one piece! but don't worry I know him = )
    I Kill all of you!!
    Then I have a party!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    Not to mention that 4Kids cut out all the great death scenes, as several very important background characters end up either being mutilated or murdered, and are very important events in main characters lives, defining who they are, and why they are... One of the main complaints of the 4Kids English Dub was that they took a Family Hour Prime Time series aimed at late teens to young adults, and dumbed down the story to make the show suitable for the targeted audience of US grade school children for Saturday morning broadcasts...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie lilkittykat13 is off to a good start lilkittykat13's Avatar
    Thanks

all of that is true and i confess when i first heard it i thought that everything sounded good until i saw a rant on the boards and then i heard the truth: they were lying to us and then i started a boycott for ppl to stop watching it. i didn't know what to do about it but somehow someone heard the cries of us poor deprived anime fans as 4kids would laugh and spit in our faces as we had to live with this torture(not literally). FUNimation must have been listening because they have crushed 4kids and now they are helping us lick our wounds and nursing us back to our anime health(not literally) and now they've made us happy. any body see where i'm going with this
    "I'd Just be the Catcher in the Rye all day long."~Holden Claufield from The Catcher in the Rye

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I've only seen what they showed in the mornings down here, but by the sounds of it they showed the "Child friendly" version. Then again, they've also done it to Naruto (you should hear my sister rant about which scenes they've cut & what they've covered over), so I wouldn't be surprised. Problem is, that's the best way I've got for discovering new Anime, well this forum helps a lot too...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie lilkittykat13 is off to a good start lilkittykat13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post
    I've only seen what they showed in the mornings down here, but by the sounds of it they showed the "Child friendly" version. Then again, they've also done it to Naruto (you should hear my sister rant about which scenes they've cut & what they've covered over), so I wouldn't be surprised. Problem is, that's the best way I've got for discovering new Anime, well this forum helps a lot too...

sounds like my sister how she can rant a mile a minute about naruto LOL it's kind of funny but then again it's serious
    "I'd Just be the Catcher in the Rye all day long."~Holden Claufield from The Catcher in the Rye

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast