+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: One Piece

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by lilkittykat13 View Post
    sounds like my sister how she can rant a mile a minute about naruto LOL it's kind of funny but then again it's serious
    Same with my sister if only she'd take the time to watch subbed stuff and READ instead of being a lazy bum and watching the dub and dumbing herself down just she wont have to read lolololololol...she'd appreciate Naruto or One Piece more than she does now.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    .... FUNimation must have been listening because they have crushed 4kids and now they are helping us lick our wounds and nursing us back to our anime health(not literally) and now they've made us happy. any body see where i'm going with this
    Its not so much the case that FUNimation 'rescued' the series. Its becasue Toei animation (the owner and producer of the series) became distressed as they saw the value of the series (which is currently considered Toei's most important property currently in Japan) as well as the associated merchandise licenses plummet under the butchering of the 4Kids Entertainment English dub...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie lilkittykat13 is off to a good start lilkittykat13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Its not so much the case that FUNimation 'rescued' the series. Its becasue Toei animation (the owner and producer of the series) became distressed as they saw the value of the series (which is currently considered Toei's most important property currently in Japan) as well as the associated merchandise licenses plummet under the butchering of the 4Kids Entertainment English dub...
    uh-huh they saw what complete fools they was makin' of themselves and then funimation had to go and keep them from getting laughed at (but i still laughed at them)

I read today in an article that 4Kids TV has lost $5.5 million from May-June
    "I'd Just be the Catcher in the Rye all day long."~Holden Claufield from The Catcher in the Rye

Newbie loknkey is off to a good start loknkey's Avatar
    Thanks

I just ordered the Funimation version. Can't wait to see what I was missing!

Newbie RaziiStar is off to a good start RaziiStar's Avatar
    Thanks

One piece is awesome, i watch the subbed ones and i think it's way better than the dubs even the FUNimation one it seems more original subbed. (i think anyway)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RaziiStar For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (Aug 16, 2008)

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaziiStar View Post
    One piece is awesome, i watch the subbed ones and i think it's way better than the dubs even the FUNimation one it seems more original subbed. (i think anyway)
    Thank you! I mean i woulodnt mind getting the Funimation box set too but I'd almost always watch it with the subtitles on and the language on Japanese

Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie lilkittykat13 is off to a good start lilkittykat13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Thank you! I mean i woulodnt mind getting the Funimation box set too but I'd almost always watch it with the subtitles on and the language on Japanese
    i did watch the subs and you guys are right the subs are a little better; in the subs they would use the dialogue from the manga so it were as if u were reading the manga again.
    "I'd Just be the Catcher in the Rye all day long."~Holden Claufield from The Catcher in the Rye

Thanks

i did watch the subs and you guys are right the subs are a little better; in the subs they would use the dialogue from the manga so it were as if u were reading the manga again.
    See? Well you know, I would love to get the box set but I don't think it's worth 13 episodes for like 20 bucks or over. Plus I dunno if it comes with extra content and blah blah blah stuff stuff....or does it O.o?

Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast