+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Piece (Uncut)

Newbie Mitsarugii is off to a good start Mitsarugii's Avatar
    Next to an explosive Toilet Paper Factory
    Thanks

One Piece (Uncut)

Has anyone heard about the uncut box sets?

I'm really excited about this, for those who don't know, One Piece Season One: The First Voyage, will be the first 13 episodes of One Piece uncut, uncluding the original Japanese Subtitles (suppose to anyways) It's set to release on May 27th, 2008 50$ is the retail price, But FYE has it for $29.99 and Amazon for $37.49 Funimation recently stated that they will be releasing uncut box sets of One Piece every six-to-eight weeks.

It's been on CN (Cartoon Network) for awhile, and about two weeks ago was put on hiatus, and CN has not stated why. If you're a One Piece fan you probably know this already. But Funimation doesn't even know why, but most likely it's NOT canceled, but I guess you can never be too sure with CN...

So does anyone here like One Piece? I've got up to Volume 7 of the manga, and really like it alot. Zoro is probably my favorite character, next to Hawkeyes. I haven't seen much of the anime, just bits and parts, so that's why I'm really excited about the uncut dvd's.

If you do watch the anime, what do you think of the Funimation voice cast? and the artwork?
    "The gate to my heart has been weld shut
    with the splendor of my aspirations closed in
    how many years have we waited
    for a ship that never set sail?"
    lyrics by As I Lay Dying

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: One Piece (Uncut)

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now this is a series that I've been waiting a long long time for a US/Region 1 DVD release. In the Japanese TV market, 'One Piece' routinely beats both 'Naruto' and 'Bleach' in the TV ratings. The character designs are more cartoon like in nature then most other anime series (and takes some time to get used too...), but the story arcs are extremely well written. The Manga-ka/Writer of the series admits to a 'Dragon Ball' (Drag-On Ball) influence to his story, so you also see these long drawn out fights that can extend to over a dozen episodes...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

I think One Piece is the best man. I've always wanted the DVD's to be uncut and it seems my dreams have come true! Like, the voiceover's on CN are awful, they are pretty much using the same ppl who did voiceovers on DBZ for One Piece, not saying that's a bad thing but it just sounds so, stupid to me. it doesn't fit the character's attitude or look at all. but with the DVD's coming out, I have the choice on watching it SUBBED the way I want to. The fights are great, espeically Luffy vs. Lucchi
    But in any case, the Manga is cool but the Anime is where its at. I love the Manga too but the Anime brings the fights to life move and puts more emphesses on the fights

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie Mitsarugii is off to a good start Mitsarugii's Avatar
    Next to an explosive Toilet Paper Factory
    Thanks

A-LOT of people in america think the artwork is too cartoon-ish, It is but I still enjoy it more then Naruto and others. (I do like Naruto though)

Anyways, a fan ripped the trailer. NOT GREAT QUALITY, It's cam ripped, so yeah..

YouTube - One Piece Funimation Trailer- Cam Rip
    "The gate to my heart has been weld shut
    with the splendor of my aspirations closed in
    how many years have we waited
    for a ship that never set sail?"
    lyrics by As I Lay Dying

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

(Under Moderator Prerogative, I'm reopening a thread that is dead by one day...)
    At this moment, I have the first DVD of the Uncut 'One Piece' collection sitting in my DVD Player, and with the crispness and bright colors of the official DVD release, (which is better then what I remember from the fansubs), I am once again reminded on why rubber boy routinely beats to a bloody pulp, both 'Naruto', and 'Bleach' in the Japanese TV ratings.

One of the major differences between 'One Piece', vs 'Naruto' & 'Bleach' is that the story told is one big grand adventure, where instead of moody characters who have trouble deciding what the want, you have main characters who are always true to themselves and their ultimate goals in life, and will gleefully risk life and limb to accomplish them. Having just finished off the first four episodes of the original uncut Japanese release, the series brings an instant smile to my face, (which doesn't happen very often...) and it already appears that 'One Piece' is going to be one of the highlights of 2008 anime releases. My only regret is that Funimation can't release the collection fast enough to appease my anticipation for this series. The episode stories are very good in the early episodes, but Luffy and crew don't get a Pirate ship until episode 17, but once the initial crew is completed (and starting from the Arlong story arc) the series becomes FANTASTIC!!!

With the affordable costs of the Funimation 13 episode collection releases, there are only poor and pitiful excuses for not seeing why 'One Piece' is considered one of the great franchise anime series for the 21st Century...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (May 12, 2008)

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

(Under Moderator Prerogative, I'm reopening a thread that is dead by one day...)
    At this moment, I have the first DVD of the Uncut 'One Piece' collection sitting in my DVD Player, and with the crispness and bright colors of the official DVD release, (which is better then what I remember from the fansubs), I am once again reminded on why rubber boy routinely beats to a bloody pulp, both 'Naruto', and 'Bleach' in the Japanese TV ratings.

One of the major differences between 'One Piece', vs 'Naruto' & 'Bleach' is that the story told is one big grand adventure, where instead of moody characters who have trouble deciding what the want, you have main characters who are always true to themselves and their ultimate goals in life, and will gleefully risk life and limb to accomplish them. Having just finished off the first four episodes of the original uncut Japanese release, the series brings an instant smile to my face, (which doesn't happen very often...) and it already appears that 'One Piece' is going to be one of the highlights of 2008 anime releases. My only regret is that Funimation can't release the collection fast enough to appease my anticipation for this series. The episode stories are very good in the early episodes, but Luffy and crew don't get a Pirate ship until episode 17, but once the initial crew is completed (and starting from the Arlong story arc) the series becomes FANTASTIC!!!

With the affordable costs of the Funimation 13 episode collection releases, there are only poor and pitiful excuses for not seeing why 'One Piece' is considered one of the great franchise anime series for the 21st Century...
    Great! So then its a good buy then? how much was it?

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Great! So then its a good buy then? how much was it?
    One Piece DVD (Hyb): Season 1 Part 1 Uncut: Right Stuf, Inc

+ Reply to Thread