+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ookiku Furikabutte

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Ookiku Furikabutte

Have anyone seen this anime?? I was hoping to get some opinions before I spend time watching the first episode. I heard one of their themes by Sunset Swish, and since it was about baseball I thought I should check it out. But from personal experience there hasn't been a lot of good sports anime.

What I am hoping for is that this anime doesn't become some lovey-dovey stuff or have some gay looking guys playing ball, and stick more to the aspect of baseball, similar to Slam Dunk.

Thanks in advance.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ookiku Furikabutte

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Have anyone seen this anime?? I was hoping to get some opinions before I spend time watching the first episode. I heard one of their themes by Sunset Swish, and since it was about baseball I thought I should check it out. But from personal experience there hasn't been a lot of good sports anime.

What I am hoping for is that this anime doesn't become some lovey-dovey stuff or have some gay looking guys playing ball, and stick more to the aspect of baseball, similar to Slam Dunk.

Thanks in advance.
    i am not familiar with this. is it any good, cap'n? i mean, if i dont like sports i wont like this, will i?

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ookiku Furikabutte

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    i am not familiar with this. is it any good, cap'n? i mean, if i dont like sports i wont like this, will i?
    Finally got a chance to watch the first episode, and I gotta say if you don't like sports you probably won't like this. Basically it is about a kid who was the ace (best pitcher) of his school because his grandpa's the owner of the school. Cuz of that he didn't get help on top of the fact that he didn't have a rocket arm. What you end up having is this your typically indecisive and confidence lacking anime male.

He goes to a new schools which happens to have a baseball time for the very first time, and he got dragged by the manager (who turns out to be a woman with ridiculously big breasts) even though he was just there to watch. There are some baseball stuff I have to watch again to understand...but overall it's an okay anime to check out, a little too much talking and the lack of confidence with the guy irks me.

Did I mention that the manager was a female?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread