Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: opinion's please...

Newbie vanteal may be famous one day vanteal may be famous one day
    Thanks

opinion's please...

So for year's now I've been stuck loving dragonball z. (yea yea) Anyway I think it's about time to move onto something else, But I have no idea what else is out there.. So I was wondering if you guy's could suggest some anime movie's or series that resemble the type of story dragonball z is.. You know, good vs evil, Similar powers as in dragonball z, And good sci-fi martial arts action that's well drawn (would like it if it came in English) I cant stand reading subtitles, it takes away from the show for me.. So if you have any suggestions please tell me.. Thanks..

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: opinion's please...

Naruto and Bleach were made by two fanboys of Akira Toriyama and DBZ. They both feature pretty much the same kind of things. The fight scenes are relatively shorter, especially that of Bleach. But it all has the same principles. Good versus evil. A main character that starts out weak, but grows in strength as the series progresses. They both suffer from fillers though, but the main storyline is well-crafted and not as repetitive as DBZ's. Plenty of twists and turns.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Jul 02, 2006 at 01:52 AM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Zaraki Kenpachi may be famous one day Zaraki Kenpachi may be famous one day Zaraki Kenpachi's Avatar
    Thanks

Baki The Grappler - Offers great variety of different martial arts and fighting styles throughout the world. Has some awsome fight scenes and made it to my top 5 favorite animes. The quality switches on and off, like one episode may look kinda new.old and the next episode could look like it was made yesterday. So you might want that.

Sadamitsu The destroyer - If your begining to watch new ones rather than tv animes, then this will be a good switch. Short/funny/action its great. The voice acting of one of the characters is Goku also. Anyways this anime offers lots and LOTS of fighting scenes which will make you fall in love with it. The anime only has 13 episodes but continues in the manga. No worries theend of the anime makes you feel its complete.

Newbie vanteal may be famous one day vanteal may be famous one day
    Thanks

I forgot to mention the more realistic the better.. Even though dragonball z looked more like a cartoon most of the time, there were part's that looked almost realistic, in a cartoon sense of course, but I'd like to find something that look's as realistic as possible and less cartoony.. I hope this makes sense, As you can tell I'm a newb when it comes to this stuff..thank's for you're quick responses and I will look into all of you're suggestions..

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah... Realistic, huh? Heh, well, Naruto's about ninjas and Bleach is about spiritual samurai that fight 'demons' called Hollows. Ha, realistic? Hmm.... I don't know...

Well, if you're looking for something realistic, then check out Zaraki's suggestions. There's also Fist of the North Star and Tenjho Tenge. Basically anime about martial arts and all that.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Zaraki Kenpachi may be famous one day Zaraki Kenpachi may be famous one day Zaraki Kenpachi's Avatar
    Thanks

^ ah yes tenjou Tenge is a good martial arts anime, really focuses on the subject "KI" it has its realistic moments of course, plus great fighting scenes

And Fist of the north star its quality is kinda old but it is pretty awsome, gory fight scenes and makes kenshiro look likethe man (like what they do for Goku) You might wanna check out New fist of the north star... better quality same awsomeness.

For realistic, the art in Ghost in the Shell is good, very futuristic so you oculd like that, of course it has lots of intellectual thinking and might not have as much fighting as you want as a DBZ fan

Or try speed grapher, nice quality interesting story, and some cool action scenes im sure you'll like it.

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

Naruto and bleach definately have good vs evil. Full metal panic kinda fits there too.

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

May I suggest Shadow Skill?
    It's a good anime for DBZ people.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast