+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: original or pirated?

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: original or pirated?

Quote Originally Posted by xsasukeuchiha View Post
    yeah the site that i get it from is ***** and they have a video player that u can download that will search for anime from multiple websites
    Wait... "Yeah, the site is legal," or "Yeah, what I'm doing is illegal?"

Video player... Direct download... Searches multiple websites... I hae a guess... Does that site have four letters in its name? And is its, er, "emblem" a blue button with a white "Play" mark in the center? And if you're wondering, I don't download anime from this site... I upload Japanese game trailers, OPs, and EDs... Which I haven't done in a while...

Wait... You don't see the point in paying for anime? Well then, I don't see the point in buying video games! Why not just copy them? Screw money! I mean, game developers and publishers can't possibly be losing anything. What does everyone mean, ripping them off from all their hard work? Isn't that a little... harsh?

And I'm ruling out Anime Network's official site [as the one you're referring to] because I think it is absurd for them to have to search through multiple video hosting sites to stream anime they've liscensed and whatnot.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, and extremely sorry if I'm mistaken about any supposed illegal activities... But I personally know the pain of being ripped off from your hard work. Especially artistic materials. :growls at memory:
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku xsasukeuchiha is off to a good start xsasukeuchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    Wait... "Yeah, the site is legal," or "Yeah, what I'm doing is illegal?"

Video player... Direct download... Searches multiple websites... I hae a guess... Does that site have four letters in its name? And is its, er, "emblem" a blue button with a white "Play" mark in the center? And if you're wondering, I don't download anime from this site... I upload Japanese game trailers, OPs, and EDs... Which I haven't done in a while...

Wait... You don't see the point in paying for anime? Well then, I don't see the point in buying video games! Why not just copy them? Screw money! I mean, game developers and publishers can't possibly be losing anything. What does everyone mean, ripping them off from all their hard work? Isn't that a little... harsh?

And I'm ruling out Anime Network's official site [as the one you're referring to] because I think it is absurd for them to have to search through multiple video hosting sites to stream anime they've liscensed and whatnot.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, and extremely sorry if I'm mistaken about any supposed illegal activities... But I personally know the pain of being ripped off from your hard work. Especially artistic materials. :growls at memory:
    i understand where ur coming from but for me its just alot easier to downlaod them online rather than go to the store because not many stores that i go to have anime dvds, also it saves me alot of room at my house because rather than have a million dvds sitting around my room i can just store them all on my laptop
    I am darkness

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by xsasukeuchiha View Post
    i understand where ur coming from but for me its just alot easier to downlaod them online rather than go to the store because not many stores that i go to have anime dvds, also it saves me alot of room at my house because rather than have a million dvds sitting around my room i can just store them all on my laptop
    With this kind of thinking you can also say its easier to use that five finger discount instead of paying actual $$$ for the items you take out of the store. But what are the consequences if everyone thought this way???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

If I had to pay to seee the anime I wanted then I would simply go without. If i had the money to buy them then maybe. But there is no chance of me having that kind of money to spend on cartoons.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elvin View Post
    in my country, if the rich ppl selling pirated stuff, the police will do nothing and if the 'not rich' ppl sell those stuff, the police will sure do something else... haiz... but for anime/manga series, its hard to find the pirated copy....if you want it, go get it in shops... a permission label was there...
    Well my friend as sad as it is it's pretty much how the world is now or days(the rich get richer thus they can do anything as to the poor get poorer and can do nothing but dream). Anyways just because it has a label saying its authorized doesn't mean anything for all you know its a fake label they made off a computer and slaped on the anime that is realy pirated so the true thing you got to remember and this goes for every body......

Make sure you know what the orgional anime set looks like and that it has all it's authentications to prove that it is the real deal because you never can be to sure now or days and it's real easy for you to get nailed for others crimes of stealinng anime either by bootleged or stolen to be sold for self profit. I cant stress anough how this happens alot in this world and us anime fans got to stick together and keep an eye on this stuff.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, now, I know it is much easier to get everything for "free" but, like some people have already said, if I collected anime dvd's that were pirated, it wouldn't feel like the real thing. Plus, why risk going to jail? I'd rather work my ass off and pay money then stealing or getting it "free" off the internet. Plus, after paying all that money for a really good collection, it feels better then knowing that you pirated it all.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    How in the name of all that is holy and sacred is there NOT a legal way to accquire anime?? It's so simple! You go to a store or online, you purchase, unwrap and enjoy! Any other route is illegal and probably requires more work than the latter method.
    don't make me even start ...
    store?! there's no existance knowledge of anime or even any crappy cartoon in Iraq
    Online?! there's no invention as credit card or any other ways here that i don't even know about till now since it didn't exist ...
    I'm living in Hell pit like in middle centuries but with electricity which to mention come six hours per day not to mention that the "any other route is illegal" is the only method i have ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Newbie diamond is off to a good start
    Thanks

well for me i think if the original quality is good and has subs i would not mind spending money on it. if the anime is not that good i would just download and burn it and not bother to waste money! haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast