+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: original or pirated?

Newbie Raikadu is off to a good start Raikadu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: original or pirated?

I usually just download my anime and manga from whatever sources are available, but If I have enough funds, it is good to properly purchase them.

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    I always buy the originals when they come out in the US, sometimes on that DeepDiscount if my local stores are trying to rip their customers off anime DVDs.

As cheap as pirated DVDs are, those kinds of purchases aren't going to help the industry or the creators one bit.

...Where do you buy anime wholesale? I've never heard of that before, do you have connections?
    i dont have a connection but just ask someone to buy it for me when they go to japan or the anime shops.... usually its hard for me to find those original (complete set/series) copy for my collections but i do go everywhere to find what i want... buying original copy makes me feel happy and worth for my collection...
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

If i can get the anime subbed when i download, i really don't care. or i just buy it from the store, or get a friend to burn their stuff for me.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

It really depends on how much cash I got in my pocket at the time. Or how good the deal on Ebay is. I must admit I am bit of a cheapskate and a good portion of mine is downloaded or streamed.

I really give the thumbs up to those who dish out the cash to obtain a legit collection of anime.

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    I always buy the originals when they come out in the US, sometimes on that DeepDiscount if my local stores are trying to rip their customers off anime DVDs.

As cheap as pirated DVDs are, those kinds of purchases aren't going to help the industry or the creators one bit.

...Where do you buy anime wholesale? I've never heard of that before, do you have connections?
    yea, i have connections, i guess. a guy i know's brother works with a wholesaler. from what i understand, he buys from asian based distributors. one of the names i've noticed the most on the DVDs is Fx

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

I download more than I buy, buts thats just because my lack of cash flow. Life is expensive especially for a college student. I have learned for right now in my life the internet is my friend when I just don't have the money for my anime need! I prefer the real deal, but my collection right now is a big chunk of downloaded anime. The downloaded anime is just as good as the real deal, the only difference is you didn't pay for it and that hurts the creator of the anime. I apologize to the creators of my favorite animes, but I do buy anime stuff and anime DVDs when I do have the money. After college and after I get my good paying job as an architect I will pay for all my anime with CASH! lol

P>S>

Quote Originally Posted by mechataku View Post
    i buy my anime wholesale. it's a heckuva lot cheaper and it's not illegal, so it makes me happy. i can usually get a complete series for only $30. or even $20.
    WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING FOR YOU ANIME BUYING NEED? I WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME SERIES FOR $20 BUCKS! $40 dollars is alot better than the prices around here!

What I'm watching Right Now:

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    If I buy anime, it's the real thing. Starting a collection of pirated stuff just isn't a collection to me.
    Well someone who thinks like me in this case.
    (If I buy anime, it's the real thing. Starting a collection of pirated stuff just isn't a collection to me) I too collect the real deal because hay it's exspencive but a its not illegal comapred to burning it can be so if cought you can face jail time unless you bur it of a paying site. And b having that collection and knowing i bought it is what makes it so great owning it because of the centamental value and knowing i worked so hard to buy the anime i whanted.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a huge collector of things, mainly anime and the figures that come with them. Though i admit that i do download anime that are unliscenced so that I can upload them on another site for others to enjoy and immediatly take them off when they are even near of being liscenced here.

But i always buy the anime when they do come. ^_^

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast