+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: original or pirated?

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: original or pirated?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_C View Post
    WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING FOR YOU ANIME BUYING NEED? I WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME SERIES FOR $20 BUCKS! $40 dollars is alot better than the prices around here!
    i don't really know the guy too well, just my connection. the wholesaler is based in utah, where my friend is from. anytime i want some anime i just place an order through him. and as far as i know the wholesaler doesn't have a site or anything like that.

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't buy as much anime as I would like to (I don't have the money). But if I PAY for something it's not going to be a boot or pirate. I know downloading sounds just as bad but I don't believe it is.

The difference to me is, whether or not someone other then the rightful people make money off of my "illegeal" anime (or any media type).

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

i buy all my anime from the local stores, paying between 20-30 bucks a dvd...or i'll spring for a thin pak if it intrest me...out here in Los Angeles many shops now carry anime, Sun Coast, FYE, Best buys, and at decent prices...the harder to find series i go online...
    Don't Panic

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mechataku View Post
    yea, i have connections, i guess. a guy i know's brother works with a wholesaler. from what i understand, he buys from asian based distributors. one of the names i've noticed the most on the DVDs is Fx
    That's because they're fakes. "Hong Kong knockoffs", if you will (though not all of them actually come from HK). No creators have been paid for those DVDs (and most scripts are ripped directly from fansubs). There are no "legitimate" asian-based anime dealers who sell english subtitled DVDs overseas (the practice itself is illegal)... which is why DVDs are region-coded in the first place (incidentally, Hong Kong DVDs are generally NOT region-coded).

Buying JUST ANY DVD doesn't mean you aren't pirating. I'd argue that downloading something for free is far better than PAYING another pirate to steal it. That's not just destructive to the industry: it's silly.

Asian piracy (and 2nd-hand piracy/auctioning of fansubs) are a big problem... ESPECIALLY in the anime industry. And it's generally pretty easy to tell from the price (and the packaging) that they're fake (if you care to look).

GameSpot Forums - Anime Underground - How to tell if a DVD is a bootleg (FAQ UPDATE)
    Bootleg FAQ

Note that FX is included... and that it's a known bootleg distributor.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

though I am against pirating anything, it is quite a hassle to find any anime,
    here in S.A and that is the reason that I download the little bit I do find.
    I do not think that a pirated copy of a film, game or even anime is even worth
    my attention and that is my view on pirating anything.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Well all i got to say is this. A) if anime is being sold cheaply like a full anime serious for 20$ then um yeah its's priated and you should stop befor lawinforcement find's out because you can be held accountable to just for supporting what they are doing it by buying it. B.) I'm not the smartest person but i do know that if this person is stealing it and is cought he can pin it on you or your brother its best to find out where he is getting it and ask for proof that he is laget other wise dont buy from him ok mechataku I would hate for anything to be pinned on you even when you have no idea. C.) its better to buy the up there in price once from name brand stores who sell it so you can avoid all of this and be happy with your ever growing collection.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaarasandkiller1 For This Useful Post:

elvin (Jan 26, 2008), mesmerized (Jan 28, 2008)

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't buy my anime because i can't ... It's not really my fault to like anime while living in Iraq (99.9999999% doesn't know what's anime and looked as something cartoony stupid for babies ... let alone 80% doesn't know how to speak English in the first place) ... so yeah that's my case and that's my situation ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i am sorry to hear that lich i hope everything gets better for you^_^ as far as bootleged anime even if we dont like it maney do and its a on growing never ending problem due to people whanting to save money so the issue will never go away completely. But we can make it go down alot by making sure its not boot legged stuff we are buying and report any odd behavour going on so that we can minimize the amount of anime stolen from being stolen at least if your a true anime fan you'd try to not alow it anyways well at least i think so^_^
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast