+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: original or pirated?

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: original or pirated?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    If you live in a WTO country then they have to respect international copyright laws, if you don't live in a WTO country if the anime is being sold in stores there then it has been copyrighted in that country (companies don't make that kind of mistake).

Eitherway, I don't buy into the "they cost so much" BS wait till a series comes out as a box set and buy it then...most of the time you can get the series for 40-70 bucks, average 7 DVDs per series and your looking 5-10 bucks a disk. Get a second job or gasp save your money. It isn't that hard.

Buy or downloading illegal copies really hurts the companies that make them & distribute them and will lead to "good" companies going out of "that" business. Take Geneon USA, they no longer distribute anime in the US, now some great series we were expecting are left up in the air and we might not get them at all. Why? Pirates hurt their sales to the point it wasn't worth being in it to them.

Think about it, if your a "real" fan then BUY your stuff.
    Yet another valid point as he put it if your a "real" fan then BUY your stuff. This is what's anime is all about and he's got apoint anime is not that costly just do job's to make money and dont waste money on as much junk food or what ever else u spend it on that isn't realy needed,if you only buy the stuff u can't live with out and you save the extra money after it you'll have anough.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Otaku Lilium is off to a good start
    Thanks

well it all depends on how or what your situation is at the current time in getting the anime I just ussly bye them from my friends or trade some of my fansubs with a nother friend to get anime
    I bumpedded my head 98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. NOT. where all 100% anime fans GO ANIME, ANIME YAHHH

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lilium View Post
    well it all depends on how or what your situation is at the current time in getting the anime I just ussly bye them from my friends or trade some of my fansubs with a nother friend to get anime
    maybe but it still does matter because if stolen or boot-legged anime is boughten and you know about it a.) it is supporting their cause and taking away from the people who worked hard on making it for our enjoyment at a agreeable price and b.) It can cause anime show's to be cancled or shut down due to low funds thus making it harder for those who do pay to get their anime they wanna see on tv. In the end all it does is by quote/unquote "saving"money you are hurting us true anime fan's and its disrespectful to the anime writers and creactor's.

Newbie mesmerized is off to a good start mesmerized's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think anyone should pirate. Its takes away money from the corporation making them. If you like the anime you're watching why would you steal from them? I don't know, maybe its just me but I always thought stealing was wrong.

I stick with the original.

[current]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mesmerized View Post
    I don't think anyone should pirate. Its takes away money from the corporation making them. If you like the anime you're watching why would you steal from them? I don't know, maybe its just me but I always thought stealing was wrong.

I stick with the original.
    Aw yes you my friend understand the ponit that seem's like only us true anime fan's understand. And not only are you stealing from the creactor's and writers but from their family's because when the creactor's and writer's make no money due to their best work being stolen either by people or bootlegged from the internet its money not in there pocket which mean's their family goes with-out. And call me crazzy but i'm pretty sure that is both illegal to do is in-humon.
    Last edited by gaarasandkiller1; Jan 28, 2008 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaarasandkiller1 View Post
    maybe but it still does matter because if stolen or boot-legged anime is boughten and you know about it a.) it is supporting their cause and taking away from the people who worked hard on making it for our enjoyment at a agreeable price and b.) It can cause anime show's to be cancled or shut down due to low funds thus making it harder for those who do pay to get their anime they wanna see on tv. In the end all it does is by quote/unquote "saving"money you are hurting us true anime fan's and its disrespectful to the anime writers and creactor's.
    Actualy fan subs are compleatly leagle there put out by the creators for people to have as a gift theres a multitude of site that are sponsered by the crators and the fans at the same time. but you also have a valid point you should not steel but purchis when ever possable that way youl be respected alot more than depised as a theif
    I bumpedded my head 98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. NOT. where all 100% anime fans GO ANIME, ANIME YAHHH

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lilium View Post
    Actualy fan subs are compleatly leagle there put out by the creators for people to have as a gift theres a multitude of site that are sponsered by the crators and the fans at the same time. but you also have a valid point you should not steel but purchis when ever possable that way youl be respected alot more than depised as a theif
    Well if you go-over what i said and read it agin you'd notice i said nothing about fan-sub's as far as those go now that you mention it even some of them have un-authorized material's that was not okayed by the creator's but instead it is faked like it is like the dragon ball af look how far that whent(look it on on wikapidia) so dont be so quick to think that because some fake's make a username and clames to be the real deal and says its okayed doesn't make it so......you of all people should know this:P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaarasandkiller1 View Post
    Well if you go-over what i said and read it agin you'd notice i said nothing about fan-sub's as far as those go now that you mention it even some of them have un-authorized material's that was not okayed by the creator's but instead it is faked like it is like the dragon ball af look how far that whent(look it on on wikapidia) so dont be so quick to think that because some fake's make a username and clames to be the real deal and says its okayed doesn't make it so......you of all people should know this:P
    can i kill you now but any i know that already and i own quight a few fan subs like beserker or fate/Stay night so i know full well what your talking about

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast