+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: original or pirated?

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: original or pirated?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilium View Post
    can i kill you now but any i know that already and i own quight a few fan subs like beserker or fate/Stay night so i know full well what your talking about
    Well i would asume you do i mean you got a fairly good collection of anime going amd what not soif your a true anime fan you'd know what i am trying to say:P
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Otaku Lilium is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaarasandkiller1 View Post
    Well i would asume you do i mean you got a fairly good collection of anime going amd what not soif your a true anime fan you'd know what i am trying to say:P
    and i do *sticking out toung in typical anime style*
    I bumpedded my head 98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. NOT. where all 100% anime fans GO ANIME, ANIME YAHHH

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

and i do *sticking out toung in typical anime style*
    ok???? well sticking your tongue at me doesn't have to do with this topic slacker i personaly would buy anime subs if i have it checked for aproval so i now its the real deal:P then maybe i would buy it.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Newbie Marinetr is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    If you live in a WTO country then they have to respect international copyright laws, if you don't live in a WTO country if the anime is being sold in stores there then it has been copyrighted in that country (companies don't make that kind of mistake).
    Unless you treat these companies as "Celestial Being". Then i really have nothing to say. But these companies run by "Human being". Human do make mistakes too. The news i heard is these people work in these companies whose have go to a vacation to Hong Kong. When they buy these DVD and brought it back to Canada. Then later find out it is not original. Pirated version are now make in a very good quality too and sold in a price just like the original. Make it much harder for people to identify them between Pirated or original.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Fansubs are, in fact, completely ILLEGAL.
    So is cosplay. So is doujinshi. So is fanfic. So is scanning artbooks. So is creating fanart.

These things all exist in our fandom because the industry turns the other cheek. Unfortunately, some fans have gotten the wrong message and believe that "unenforced" laws means "nonexistant" laws.

Seriously. Do your research. Here, I'll help get you started:

Legality of Fansubs - Anime News Network
    Fansubs 3: what cost piracy? how badly does illegal downloading hurt movie studios?
    AnimeNation News
    Licensing and Fansubs :: Guides :: Boys on Boys on Film
    Fansubs
    Anime industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are, however, stuck in a realm of international/digital limbo that makes the laws that make them illegal difficult to enforce.

It's amazing the lengths to which people will go to fool themselves into thinking a purely selfish act is somehow right O_o;

I'm not saying you shouldn't consume them any more than I would tell people not to download mp3s from the internet... that's your own choice to make. But don't lie to yourself (and others) about the morality or legal status of the issue.

Be a man and admit your piracy like the rest of us.
    Last edited by tsurara; Jan 30, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

Otaku Lilium is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Fansubs are, in fact, completely ILLEGAL.
    So is cosplay. So is doujinshi. So is fanfic. So is scanning artbooks. So is creating fanart.

These things all exist in our fandom because the industry turns the other cheek. Unfortunately, some fans have gotten the wrong message and believe that "unenforced" laws means "nonexistant" laws.

Seriously. Do your research. Here, I'll help get you started:

Legality of Fansubs - Anime News Network
    Fansubs 3: what cost piracy? how badly does illegal downloading hurt movie studios?
    AnimeNation News
    Licensing and Fansubs :: Guides :: Boys on Boys on Film
    Fansubs
    Anime industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are, however, stuck in a realm of international/digital limbo that makes the laws that make them illegal difficult to enforce.

It's amazing the lengths to which people will go to fool themselves into thinking a purely selfish act is somehow right O_o;

I'm not saying you shouldn't consume them and more than I would tell people not to download mp3s from the internet... that's your own choice to make. But don't lie to yourself (and others) about the morality or legal status of the issue.

Be a man and admit your piracy like the rest of us.
    you have a point and yes i have several fansubs but not from the inter net i get them from my friends and yes i have been known to rip a dvd as a back up for just in case but i dont keep the copies if i sell the dvd to someone els i desroy them for the most part but the part i dont destroy i keep and wont give up unless i have the origenals again
    I bumpedded my head 98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. NOT. where all 100% anime fans GO ANIME, ANIME YAHHH

Newbie Marinetr is off to a good start
    Thanks

fansubs problem is just a small peak of the iceberg. compare to movie bootleg and other bootleg.

Newbie vortex1987 is off to a good start
    Thanks

you have a point and yes i have several fansubs but not from the inter net i get them from my friends and yes i have been known to rip a dvd as a back up for just in case but i dont keep the copies if i sell the dvd to someone els i desroy them for the most part but the part i dont destroy i keep and wont give up unless i have the origenals again
    um yeah this is just it even if you buy them off friend's doesn't mean it's still not illegal or bad. If you realy wanna be technical about it your supporting them by buying it which makes you as bad as they are. O lets not forget like
    tsurara said be a man and admit your doing it instead of justyfying your self making sound like your complety innocent even tho your getting it off your friends and burning it/ripping it(your only fooling your self saying otherwise.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast