+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

I watched this series almost in its entirety so far and it quickly rose to the top of my list of favorites. I love it!

*Note: This anime series is target for adults, I'm quite sure.*

I love how it's drawn in a style that's unconventional when talking about anime. Then, there are quick snippets that are drawn in the typical anime/manga style. It's great! There's tons of adult humor which is good if you're in the mood to watch something that isn't targeted for teenagers. Also, the music is produced by Taku Takahashi (who is the DJ from the Japanese hip-hop/R&B group M-Flo, for those of you who don't know). I just got the OST recently and I LOVE IT!!!

I love how they use English words for the comic book style sound effects during the animation process and how most of the explitives are in English as well. My favorite episode would have to be the one where they meet Scanty and Kneesocks for the first time. Tons of action in that episode! The Transformers episode was a good one too. I like how they made references to the original cartoon.

My favorite character would have to be Stocking. She's a lolita goth, likes sweets (probably more than I do) and uses swords. What a glorious combination! Garter is pretty funny too. Chuck reminds me of Gir from Invader Zim. Maybe cuz he's green.

Has anyone watched this series yet? For those of you who have, what's your favorite episode? Who's your favorite character? (For those of you who haven't, I suggest you watch it however you can.) What do you think of an anime series that isn't drawn in a typical fashion but rocks the socks off of millions? ^_^

*pops in P&S OST and awaits replies*

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

*looka around* Awesome! I'm first! Yay me! So first off! I love! The series. At first(i wont lie) i was itchy about watching it because it looked like something guys would like. You kno with boobs and suck. But a certain guy i kno got me to watch an ep.... and i instantly feel in love.

The music is phenomenal! If you've never sat down and listen thru a OP and ED. Trust me, you'd replay these ever time. I downloaded the entire track after i finished the series.

The characters are (to me) modern snapshots of the inside of a good girl. And like the male characters arent hunky hunks but they are ordinary... yet not so ordinary joes. Like Garter is a black guy who acts like a ....black guy. Xd minus the gangster. And Brief is a 100 percent all american Nerd but under his nerdyness..... he's pretty hot with a pretty big wang. He's a symbol of "give a geek a chance."

I'm no art major. But the art is like Sprout says. Its awesome. It'll ALWAYS keep ur attention.

In a writers veiw... its untraditional and floppy to the untrained eye.... but to someone who read a few books and wrote a lot. Its a breathe of fresh clever air.Your always on ur toes. Its laid out like a sitcom so every ep isnt really connected to the next (give or take a few) so for them make you eager for the next ep without a SOLID story line.... is fantastic.

As they draw towards the end you can see a story line surface and this gives leway for a action packed season too.

~~Shippo~~ I'm done blabbering. XD
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Quote Originally Posted by Shippo101 View Post
    But a certain guy i kno got me to watch an ep.... and i instantly feel in love.
    Who is this guy? I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Shippo101
    The music is phenomenal! If you've never sat down and listen thru a OP and ED. Trust me, you'd replay these ever time. I downloaded the entire track after i finished the series.
    OMG, I LOOOOVE the OST!!! Taku Takahashi is a friggin' genius!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shippo101
    I'm no art major. But the art is like Sprout says. Its awesome. It'll ALWAYS keep ur attention.
    I'm an art major and I can say with 100% certainty, "Damn straight, it's awesome! LOL.

+ Reply to Thread