+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paprika

Newbie mononoaware is off to a good start
    Thanks

Paprika

Have any of you seen Satoshi Kon’s new movie, Paprika? I really want to see it but it seems to only be playing on a few screens. What'd you think?

Newbie Chrono12 may be famous one day Chrono12 may be famous one day Chrono12's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Paprika

I want to see it but where I live Anime is scarce so I'll probally have to wait till it comes out on dvd :P

Newbie mononoaware is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yeah, I actually haven't seen it yet but I got the soundtrack after listening to some clips and it is really trippy and cool.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw it last weekend, at the only theater within 60 miles that was showing it.
    It's quick-paced and dreamlike; the animation style and Kon's direction work well with the story. Could have used a little more plot development though.

Seeing it on the big screen was great, but it's also on DVD so if it isn't shown where you live, you can still watch.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

I read about it in one of my magazines (Newtype USA). It had pictures and stuff. and it looked really good. I would like to see it. Do you think I could rent it maybe?
    Dear Dinah...

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Oops, I think I got some bad intel. I tried to go back to where I saw the DVD release mentioned, and couldn't find it. Other sites had reports of the DVD being released last October, but turned out to be incorrect. As far as I can tell, Paprika isn't on disc yet, and the release date hasn't been announced.

Sorry to get your hopes up.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

Hm saw previews for it when I went to see pirates......weird haha. Looks pretty interesting but guess I have to either wait for it to show at a theater or rent the dvd.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

It's is being shown at the Dobie Theatre in Austin for those that live in Texas. They will start showing it on July 6.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast