+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Paprika

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Paprika

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I had a chance to see 'Paprika' last weekend, and its a delightful little movie, and the first major role for voice actress Megumi Hayashibara since she was forced to retire (due to a serious medical condition...) Its amusing to see some of the same anmation style that was used in his previous movies. The Paprika skips through the street is something that was taken straight out of the movie 'Perfect Blue'...

As for the DVD release dates, there has been no official announcements. It appears that Sony Pictures will directly distribute this feature in Region 1, and their previous announced (and first!) anime license 'Blood+' still doesn't have a distribution date...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I had a chance to see 'Paprika' last weekend, and its a delightful little movie, and the first major role for voice actress Megumi Hayashibara since she was forced to retire (due to a serious medical condition...) Its amusing to see some of the same anmation style that was used in his previous movies. The Paprika skips through the street is something that was taken straight out of the movie 'Perfect Blue'...
    I thought that skipping scene seemed oddly familiar; now I see why.

I kind of felt the movie was a cross between 'Paranoia Agent' and 'Perfect Blue', not just because of the animation style (or the fact that they're all directed by Satoshi Kon), but because of the similar use of fantasy and psychological elements.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie ME2LOL is off to a good start ME2LOL's Avatar
    Thanks

I read about it in one of my magazines (Newtype USA). It had pictures and stuff. and it looked really good. I would like to see it. Do you think I could rent it maybe?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by ME2LOL View Post
    I read about it in one of my magazines (Newtype USA). It had pictures and stuff. and it looked really good. I would like to see it. Do you think I could rent it maybe?
    It would be a little difficult to rent, since the release date for the DVD has yet to be announced. Rumors are bouncing around that this may be one of the first Anime Blu-Ray releases to be done by Sony Entertainment....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2