Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Peacemaker

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Peacemaker

Greetings AO members
    Do anyone watched the anime called peacemaker Kurogane?
    It's a little bit old but I just wanna know

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Peacemaker

It's not really old....I've seen it twice coz two channels have already aired it here in my area. Maybe one of them is re-airing it now coz i think i just saw it yesterday while channel surfing.

Anyway, you plan on seeing the show or have you already seen it?

Quite a decent show if you ask me. If you're a fan of samurai dramas i'm assuming that you'll end up liking it. If someone complains about character development i usually end up telling that person to watch either Hajime no Ippo or Peacemaker coz both shows strengths lie on sheer character development...

The art is above average for me, it feels a bit blurry, gloomy, and its depiction of 19th century Japan is absolutely convincing.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

I got this from wikipedia.com if you want more information but this is a good chunk to till you some information and what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Peacemaker Kurogane (PEACE MAKER鐵, Peacemaker Kurogane?) is a historical fiction manga and anime series created by mangaka Nanae Chrono (黒乃奈々絵, Kurono Nanae?). The story begins in 19th century Japan before the Meiji Restoration, while the seeds of the revolution are being planted. The story focuses on a boy, Ichimura Tetsunosuke, who joins the Shinsengumi as Hijikata Toshizo's page while seeking to become strong enough to avenge the deaths of his parents.

The series began under the name Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker (新撰組異聞PEACE MAKER, Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker?), published by Enix in the magazine Monthly Shonen Gangan, before moving to Mag Garden's Comic Blade in 2001 and picking up the name Peacemaker Kurogane.[1] Kurogane was licensed by ADV Manga, which released three of the five volumes before putting it on hold indefinitely; later, the license lapsed, and Tokyopop acquired it, along with Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker.[2] The manga was later adapted into a television series by Gonzo Digimation and ran for 24 episodes, which aired on TV Asahi in late 2003 and early 2004. The US license for the anime is held by ADV Films under the title Peacemaker. The anime aired in the United States on Showtime Beyond,[3] alongside Chrono Crusade.

Plot
    The story is focused on the main character, Ichimura Tetsunosuke, an energetic, short, and very childlike 15 year old. Sadly, he and his older brother are left to fend for themselves after the vicious murder of their parents. While Tetsunosuke wants to get revenge, his pacifist brother is not so inclined. Interestingly, the story develops when they take refuge working defined jobs in a special police force called the Shinsengumi, where his brother is an accountant and he is a page to one of the groups leaders. While there, Tetsunosuke will attempt to get stronger in order to take the revenge he so desires, but he will be confronted by the hardships that are involved with becoming that powerful.

The anime is also focused on the characters that make up the legendary Shinsengumi and the interaction and conflict they have with one another.
    Last edited by deodaclan18; May 03, 2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Added quote tags

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Though historically, the Shinsengumi fought on the losing side of the revolution that led to the overthrow of the Shougunate government. After watching 'Peacemaker Kurogane', what makes an interesting contrast is to watch the 'Samurai X' movie, which occurs during the same historical event, but covers the point of view from the opposite side of the war...
    Last edited by Hassun; May 04, 2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: wating -> watching
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

It looks pretty good peacemaker i will have to watch it some time i alwasy like samuria movies.

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

I started reading the manga. I never knew there was an anime until after. I've only read the first 3 volumes or something. I think it's decent and the main character is full of spirit which I always enjoy. But I'm not too sure if I want to keep reading it. It seems a little too unoriginal. I guess I have yet to read what'll keep me a fan for life, lol. If I happen to come across more volumes, I'll read them for kicks.

ಥ__ಥ

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I liked it until the supernatural stuff was introduced. I thought that was a very unfitting move.

Newbie sarcosuchus is off to a good start sarcosuchus's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, in fact; it trigger my idea to put all of anime in one universe using (secret) heheheee

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast