Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Pokémon

"Gotta catch 'em all" was the slogan for this anime when it first came out and boomed in North America. I'm sure the creators are still laughing their arses off from the pure gold they spat out.

But now I hear there's like, 458 of these things?! Am I the only one that honestly thinks they're trying to kill a dead horse here? 151 was enough, but now, amazingly, the puns still fly for 400+ more of these buggers. I'm sure this still does appeal to the youngins its targeted towards, and of course, some of the older crowd. I know when I was younger, I was all about Pokemon. Mew was the cutest little floaty cat in the world.

Of course, being an avid anime lover, I'm not stating I hate Pokemon, after all, it was one of my major love interests in elementary school. I still have a lot of collectors items hidden away.

What about you people? Do you think the creators of Pokemon are just trying to ride the coat-tails of something that has now merely turned into a fad?
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pokemon

Hm pokemon, been a while, The games are ok, even the series. Ash had some of the best creatures, like Pigeot and Lapras. I lost count when it was 300+. The creatures of that world is ok, and some of the characters was fine.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, if they stayed at 151, it would have been very boring. Then again this anime got very popular so they had to spit out a lot to bring other future games and shows along with it, money talks. I'm still quite the pokemon fan myself. It's been since the 5th grade for me, now I'm 19 and still show love for it.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah..i still remember all the pokemon..they had kinda got out of control ..lol ,At first it was aaww cool..and everyone was destined to know all of them..but now that many is way too much O.o!!;; ..i used to watch it all the time but for some reason it doesnt spark my interst anymore ..ill watch it if it's on..but not like i watch all these other anime now..my fav one was Jiggy puff ..that pink, little singing thing was so sute ^____^

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

OK, I started watching the anime with my kid when it first came out. Of Course when the video games came out I had to get it for them and one for myself. I always had a rule that what my children watched and played so did I. Well I got hooked on the Pokemon games. I own all of them, and still play them. And yes I am looking forward to the next several hundred to come out. I still have to catch them all!

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

i'd be lying if i said i hatred pokemon.

as a matter of fact i still love the little buggers. there's just something about a few of them that kept my interest.

For instance Hypno is my all time favorite.

but onto the point. yes they are beating a dead horse, but every time they hit it, money pops out. so, in theory, pokemon could go one forever as long as there are kids to be brainwashed by it.
    Why hello there!

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha! I used to watch Pokemon! Sat down and ate my candy..lol. I never knew it was Anime @-@ Wow..I stopped watching when I was 7 lost interest and got into Spongebob..
    Yeah, Bye.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, well, I did USED to like pokemon, right when it first came out. I was absolutely in love with it. I watched it all the time! But, then I stoped watching it for about two years, and then I come back and try to watch it again, but guess what I see? Like, so many flipping versions of it! I do agree that they have exceeded it wayyy too much. They should have stopped while they were ahead, seriously.I mean, don't get me wrong, I still love it, but only the origianal. Not all this new crap they're coming out with now...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast