Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: pokemon ending forever???

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: pokemon ending forever???

Grumble Grumble Grmble
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
    Oh gosh,

I had no idea that anyone liked Pokemon anymore. I think that's one of the worst animes out there, complete trash. The characters are dull, the concept is cruel (It wouldn't be humane if we captured to dogs and made them fight would it?), and I am of the opinion that it's just overall dumb.
    The Pokemon craze may have died a rightful death in this country, but in Japan, the popularity for 'Pocket Monsters' has never ended. In Japan, they have multi-level stores that sell nothing but Pokemon merchandise. The 10th Anniversary Movie is currently in production for a 2007 release... You may think the characters are dull and dumb, but remember this IS A CHILDREN'S PROGRAM, and has ingrained itself into modern Japanese culture more so then Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny ever did in the US...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Pokemon was fun. I wish it was real. Train and go fight other trainers, that would be my life.

Pokemon was good until they add another 200 pokemon. Then added another league, then another...then another and the American version is toned down. As in, the characters is more clothed.

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    The Pokemon craze may have died a rightful death in this country, but in Japan, the popularity for 'Pocket Monsters' has never ended. In Japan, they have multi-level stores that sell nothing but Pokemon merchandise. The 10th Anniversary Movie is currently in production for a 2007 release... You may think the characters are dull and dumb, but remember this IS A CHILDREN'S PROGRAM, and has ingrained itself into modern Japanese culture more so then Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny ever did in the US...
    Well that is true, but just because it was made for children doesn't necessarily mean that it is okay to have such dull characters IMO. I've seen other children's anime with very interesting characters (such as Card Captor Sukara for example).

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, pokemon won't end for a long time, but will pokemon ever end??

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Well that is true, but just because it was made for children doesn't necessarily mean that it is okay to have such dull characters IMO. I've seen other children's anime with very interesting characters (such as Card Captor Sukara for example).
    Even 'Cardcaptor Sakura' isn't a good comparable anime series. The original Manga series was aimed for elementary school girls, but being written by CLAMP, the manga series collected a considerable college aged following, and this was before the NHK anime series was made, which was shown as a family hour prime time program...

A fair comparison for Pokemon would be some of the other long running franchise children anime series, such as 'Crayon Shin-chan', 'Digimon', and 'Magical Doremi'. With this comparision, the characters of Pokemon really don't look too bad...
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Dec 02, 2006 at 10:30 PM.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely loved the game, and loved the anime until I grew older than the characters. The fact that they never age has always bothered me, but like another member said, it was the addition of 200 more pokemon that just did it in for me. Also the fact that every single season/version is exactly the same as all the others just with new side kicks and new pokemon. Ash is always going to start out a newb and work his way to the top beating everyone along the way, but as soon as a new season/version starts up he starts off at the bottom of the food chain and can't seem to remember how to open a pokeball.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Even 'Cardcaptor Sakura' isn't a good comparable anime series. The original Manga series was aimed for elementary school girls, but being written by CLAMP, the manga series collected a considerable college aged following, and this was before the NHK anime series was made, which was shown as a family hour prime time program...

A fair comparison for Pokémon would be some of the other long running franchise children anime series, such as 'Crayon Shin-chan', 'Digimon', and 'Magical Doremi'. With this comparision, the characters of Pokemon really don't look too bad...
    You make a good case about CCS, I think the bottom line is that I'm not fond of children's anime in general and prefer things that are more aimed at teen audinences. However, may I ask what is the NHK series?

So now I'll compare it with Digimon. I personally dislike the Digimon characters, but they don't annoy me quite as much as the Pokemon ones do, this is just my opinion though.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    ... However, may I ask what is the NHK series?
    In Japan, the NHK Network is essentially Japanese Public Broadcasting, subsidized by the Japanese Government. Some of the most innovative anime series ever made were funded by NHK, mostly because the series producers needn't worry about upsetting corporate sponsorship...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast