+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Prerequisites For Watching an Anime?

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Prerequisites For Watching an Anime?

I'll usually watch anything with a description that interest me. I do sometimes turn away from a series if the art style is off putting to me, but it still goes back to if the description is interesting to me. Other than that I never turn down a series for having this and not having that though.

I tend to favor action comedy shows, but lately they've been tanking (at least the ones I've been watching. So I'm trying to go for more story centered anime.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

1.) Great Love story triangle <Ranma 1/2, Naruto, FMP...etc>
    2.) Good animation
    3.) Fighting scenes
    4.) Unpredictable twist <but nothing too crazy that you lose point of the story>
    5.) Last a couple of seasons

I think with all that....one would have a great series for me.
    Some are:
    Ranma1/2; Full Metal Panic; Robotech; Full Metal Alchemist; Fate: Stay/night

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Well let's see... 1st I'll list my official list, and 2nd I'll list my guilty pleasure list. After all 80% of the anime I watch will fall into the 1st list, but there are moments when ONLY a guilty pleasure anime will do.

Official list:

1.) Art It's all about the art. If it catches my eye, I'll check it out. Especial in the OP & ED.

2.) Story If the storyline sucks sand... well I've never been one for the heat.

3.) Music They say the true test of a great soundtrack is that it melds so well with the story and visual that you don't even notice it as a separate entity. Plus if it has a really great OP and/or ED all the better. How many time have I broken out in song at the beginning of my favorite Naruto season OP "We are fighting dreamers". I love the humor the lunatic looks.

4.) The depth of "Dark hole effect *Wuh* Why are all your foreheads creased like that? I like a show that sucks you in so deep that you are instantly addicted to it, and when an episode suddenly ends you gasp, cry out No, etc... NOW THAT"S A SHOW!

Guilty pleasure list:

1.) Boobs yeah like the boobs.

2.) Gay characters that are left gay yeah just like in real life.

3.) Blood yeah the more the better.

4.) Bad boy/girl protagonist I enjoy a show where the protagonist might be considered a "bad guy" by some. Able (Trinity Blood) for one. I enjoy shows where the god guy/girl isn't so safe.

More than anything, it's the art, the look of it. There have been shows that I really wanted to like, but I found it hard to enjoy, because I hated the look of it. Then I just stop watching it.

The opposite sometime occurs. Your see clips from a show that looks great, but when you watch it, everything else sucks sand.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Guilty pleasure list:

1.) Boobs

2.) Gay characters

3.) Blood

4.) Bad boy/girl protagonist
    hey... your guilty pleasure list is my prerequisite list >_<;

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

i watch anime most based on 1. drawing, 2. color, 3. plot, 4. musics. of course the animation should be good. one of my favorite is saiyuki reload. looks great.
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

before I start... haha... hey elvin! i was one of your first five postsa! I'm happy with that... at least im contributing to the development of this website... it means a lot! and welcome to AO... i'll look for your introductions thread right after this...

anyway... i'm not that into all the gore and sickening hentai type of anime... wah... it creeps me out... didja know that chobits freaked me out in the earlier part because it was a little too leaned towards sex and all... haha...

so still... the art and plot play a big role in my choices... who cares about all the gore and all if it's all for the better development of the story...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    before I start... haha... hey elvin! i was one of your first five postsa! I'm happy with that... at least im contributing to the development of this website... it means a lot! and welcome to AO... i'll look for your introductions thread right after this...

anyway... i'm not that into all the gore and sickening hentai type of anime... wah... it creeps me out... didja know that chobits freaked me out in the earlier part because it was a little too leaned towards sex and all... haha...

so still... the art and plot play a big role in my choices... who cares about all the gore and all if it's all for the better development of the story...
    hhhmmmm i agree with you on this one i get sickend by the sight of violent hentai because um yeah its desturbing seeing tenticles and stuff i whont go into that as for chobits hhmmm i got a little weird out at first but as it whent on by i grown to liking it quite well i would think its not all to bad but coming on strong to sexual suggestions early was not realy all to wise to do it should have been more twords the middle or end unless its hentai then its different
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Newbie blindzzz is off to a good start blindzzz's Avatar
    Thanks

First I never watch an anime which has not have a good storyline, and I prefer those which have great animations... But the plot is the most important thing to me...
    Wandering around

Searching for bad guys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast