Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Prince Of Tennis Recommendation & Discussion

Otaku venelse may be famous one day venelse may be famous one day
    Thanks

Prince Of Tennis Recommendation & Discussion

Lately I've been so into Prince Of Tennis..I'm not sure whether you guys have watched it anot cos apparently the people that I asked has not...

I roughly explain the story, The manga is primarily set in Tokyo. Ryoma Echizen, a tennis prodigy, attends Seishun Gakuen (青春学園 Seishun Gakuen), or Seigaku (青学) for short, a school famous for its strong tennis club and talented players. Ryoma quickly defeats numerous upperclassmen shortly after entrance to secure himself a spot on the regulars team. In pursuit of their ultimate goal of winning the all-Japan junior high tennis championship, members of the team make new friends while learning and mastering increasingly complex techniques.

The anime series, produced by Trans Arts Co., J.C. Staff, Production I.G, premiered across Japan on the anime satellite television network Animax and the terrestrial TV Tokyo network, airing between October 10, 2001 and March 30, 2005, spanning a total of 178 episodes. Beginning in April, 2006 an OVA continuation of the anime began to be released on DVD.

The series has produced a half-hour weekly radio show, over 100 music CDs, several games, movies, multiple live-action musicals and a large selection of merchandise. On 13 May 2006 the live-action adaptation film, The Prince of Tennis, was released in Japan.

The Prince of Tennis anime has been announced to be a part of Cartoon Network's new online broadband service called Toonami Jetstream. It began streaming July 14, 2006. The anime began airing on Toonami's Saturday night block on December 23rd.

Part One consist of Ep.1-178, Part two to National OVA Well so far it's only out till Ep.11

I like this show cos of it's storyline and how the writer is able to come up with different techniques for each and everyone of the player. and the songs are nice too~they're mostly sung by the characters that's why it's OST has over 100 music cds.

Well, though all of us likes Anime, we do have different likings too but still hope you guys watch this Youtube has it too

For more info just go here:Prince of Tennis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Prince Of Tennis Recommendation & Discussion

yea i've heard of prince of tennis. i've read one chapter ina shogen jump comic. it was cool but im not that much of a tennis fan.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

iv seen prince of tennis on cartoon network and it dident look that good to me,i dont think its a good anime in my opinon.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    iv seen prince of tennis on cartoon network and it dident look that good to me,i dont think its a good anime in my opinon.
    im probably guessing cuz its tennis right?? yea i'm guessing my mom would liek thsi aniem cuz shes into tennis and would actually love to see an anime thats about tennis. hey! i should show her!

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by venelse View Post
    Part One consist of Ep.1-178, Part two to National OVA Well so far it's only out till Ep.11
    Doesn't Part One have 188 episodes? ^^

I like this show cos of it's storyline and how the writer is able to come up with different techniques for each and everyone of the player. and the songs are nice too~they're mostly sung by the characters that's why it's OST has over 100 music cds.
    Exactly, it's amazing how you can turn one sport into a long-running and successful anime series...

And yes, the songs are really nice... I especially like "Make You Free" by Hisoca... And "We Love Seigaku" (sung by all the charas) will never be short of entertaining (we can actually hear Tezuka telling Horio to shut-up *lol*)...

Haha, good choice for recommendation! Hope more people get the chance to watch it! ^^

Otaku venelse may be famous one day venelse may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    yea i've heard of prince of tennis. i've read one chapter ina shogen jump comic. it was cool but im not that much of a tennis fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    Well....guess this show isn't that popular..... like I say though everyone is crazy about anime, we do have different likings...

Quote Originally Posted by zeine View Post
    Doesn't Part One have 188 episodes? ^^

Exactly, it's amazing how you can turn one sport into a long-running and successful anime series...

And yes, the songs are really nice... I especially like "Make You Free" by Hisoca... And "We Love Seigaku" (sung by all the charas) will never be short of entertaining (we can actually hear Tezuka telling Horio to shut-up *lol*)...

Haha, good choice for recommendation! Hope more people get the chance to watch it! ^^
    And thanks zeine at least you did watch yupz the "WE LOVE SEIGAKU" is nice. There's one more though the National OVA opening "Flower" sung by Tezuka, Echizen, Atobe and Sanada~

Thanks

Well....guess this show isn't that popular..... like I say though everyone is crazy about anime, we do have different likings...
    yeah we all do and i guess me and koga dont liek the tennis idea

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

How does the show play out? Is there some kind of magic hit the kid can use or something? I would have to say that if it is solely about tennis without a catch ,then I would vote no on it being a good show.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast