+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raise your hand if you hate Half Hearted Relationships

Newbie kamikazekrn may be famous one day kamikazekrn may be famous one day kamikazekrn's Avatar
    Thanks

Raise your hand if you hate Half Hearted Relationships

This thread is for all the people that are fustrated with non-romantic animes that throw in little romances but never do anything with them.

Sigh, i just finished Last Exile, seemed like a lotta chicks were chasing after the main character, but all he gets is a kiss from Sophia, who really didn't even like him that much anyways. lets not forget to mention Aristsua(Tatiana's navigator). Tatiana, Lavie, and i guess Sophia and that gay mechanic(lawl). Yea the ending to it was pathetic romantic-wise. Even the end of the opening credit showed Tatiana rushing out to greet Claus when he got out of his Vanship...yea i spent a good 5 episodes(in the middle after Claus and Tatiana have their alone time) waiting for something to happen besides seeing Tatiana stare at Claus' overalls...

And lets not even get started on Full Metal Alchemist...seriously someone needs to get slapped for not doing anything with that. <3 Winry, talk about neglected.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Aug 03, 2007 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Changed title to remove the word @$$
    "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy,...it has no survival value, rather is one of those things that gives value to survival."
    C.S. Lewis

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Raise your hand if you hate Half Hearted Relationships

You can also apply this to games, take FFXII, it hinted at a romance potential several times in the game but never did anything with it. Your reference to Last Exile wasn’t that bad for me IMO, I guess because I cared more about the other characters as apposed to Claus (Alex and Dio). But the FMA is right on, they it was just really messed up how the series ended (check out my response to that ending --> Here Warning of spoilers). Trigun is also like that given they really never develop Vash’s romantic relationship with Meryl. But the worst one I have ever seen has got to be Gungrave. They for episode after episode apply so much focus on Brandon’s love for Maria just for him to never take her.

Newbie kamikazekrn may be famous one day kamikazekrn may be famous one day kamikazekrn's Avatar
    Thanks

yea but at least gungraves was somewhat conclusive, maria and brandon went seperate ways. in the other animes they just keep flirting at arms distance, its really quite annoying. I want to say Full metal panic was the same way, but i dont remember exactly how The Second Raid ended because i havent seen it in over a year . [Stupid Hard drive crashing with all my anime on it $&*#!@*($&!)&#37;&)!%&)&!%)(!#%()*%)]
    "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy,...it has no survival value, rather is one of those things that gives value to survival."
    C.S. Lewis

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Are you really trying to annoy me?

SPOILER TAGS

USE THEM

Thanks

ill show you spoliers!

IN THE NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK, HARRY DIES FROM GETTING STDS FROM RON!

and do you mean the little tag thing at the bottom of the post? shrugg, if you read the title it kind of implies discussing the end of animes...
    C.S. Lewis

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

there's a rule on AO that you have to mark your spoilers unless they're in the spoiler thread...

{spoiler} {/spoiler} (brackets instead) and you type the spoiler in that so it looks like this

click to show spoiler

Newbie faia may be famous one day faia may be famous one day faia's Avatar
    Thanks

i know its so freakin annoying!!!....they're practically leaving you in suspense forever!!!...yea fma really pissed me off and i just started last exile and now i don't want to watch it anymore lol xP

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm with all the posts so far. Last Exile, Gungrave, and FFXII all left me feeling empty when it comes to love relationships that could have worked out. It gets me a bit agitated when I watch something and it goes nowhere. Lol I would enjoy the whole anime but then the ending would almost make me want to hate it. Like I just watched 24-26 episodes and this is what I get? Thanks.

Actually though, the only one I can remember that I was really disappointed in the ending was Abenobashi. I wilst nevar watch that again.

+ Reply to Thread