Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recent Anime licenses

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Recent Anime licenses

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The license announcement season is starting early this year. So far ...

GENEON USA has scheduled the DVD release of 'Black Lagoon' (No surprise here, as GENEON USA was listed in the original Japanese broadcast credits)

GENEON USA has also announced the licensing of the series 'Rozen Maiden' Press Release on Anime On DVD but it has not been clarified if this includes both seasons and the TV specials.

VIZ Media has announced the license for 'Death Note' for both DVD and video download sales...
    ICv2 News - 'Death Note' DVDs Later

And FUNimation has just announced the license for 'Ragnarok the Animation'
    Ragnarok - Official Website

ADV Films has also announced that they have the 2nd season for 'Ah My Goddess'
    ADV Films.com

So, does anyone have any comments? Are these series sales worthy? and how many of you are willing to spend $$$ to purchase them? And what other licenses would you like to see happen?
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Recent Anime licenses

i cant wait to see ragnork its looks intresting i neveplayed the game so i dont know much about it but it having mystery lots of battles it peaks my intrest , and if there going that way i would like to see WOW licensed i bet that would make a great anime

Otaku zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna's Avatar
    Thanks

wow thx for the update ^_^d i appreciate it
    can i add one? dont know if it has been posted
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya got licensed by Bandai Entertainment on my Birthday of Dec 22 ^_^

oh and ive seen Ragnarok the Animation
    its pretty good for demonstrating the game basis, ending was awesome, GO ASSASSINS!! *cough*
    cant wait till the next series of it ^_^

^^BEST SIG EVER!!^^

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I didn't include 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' as I had already posted a license announcement last month, but they have a very amusing license video announcement located here...

ASOS Brigade - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - North America:

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I didn't include 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' as I had already posted a license announcement last month, but they have a very amusing license video announcement located here...

ASOS Brigade - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - North America:
    I have to concur. Ragnarock was a great show. I got it when it was unlicenced and really enjoyed it. mind you, it took a few episodes to get into it and get used to the presentation. But well worth viewing.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It looks like FUNimation is on a license announcement binge this week, with a new series license every day.

The latest to be announced is ...

SUZUKA

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

that souns cool but i was woindering len do you think that would
    make an anime from WOW? or world of war craft becuase i think it would be worth licensing since its a popular game

Thanks

Grumble grumble grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    that souns cool but i was woindering len do you think that would
    make an anime from WOW? or world of war craft becuase i think it would be worth licensing since its a popular game
    That depends on where it's popular... If it has a rabid following in Japan, then maybe... As it is, I might see Cartoon Network or some other US broadcaster with a cartoon series, but unless there is a a pre-made Japanese market for a anime series, I don't see the Japanese Networks and Studios picking it up for their markets...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast