Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recomendations Please.

Newbie Anime Lover 206 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Recomendations Please.

Wow, thanks for all the replies! I checked out a few of the recomendations such as Bible Black, Gantz and Elfen Lied. Bible Black isn't quite what I was looking for. Still not sure about Gantz...seems fairly interesting. Elfen lied seems like it will be good. I have only seen the first episode, but there was enough gore in that one to make me want to see more. I just tried to download the trailer of Now and Then, Here and There from the link listed, but the link on thier site was broken so I'm going to try and find it elsewhere. Again, thanks for all the help. I am trying to expand my anime' library but its hard to find movies/series that fit what my interests are. I really like the more serious anime's and stay far away from ones with childish looking characters and fuzzy puppy dogs. Inuyasha and Full Metal Alchemist are about as close as I get to those types of anime's.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Lover 206 View Post
    Inuyasha and Full Metal Alchemist are about as close as I get to those types of anime.
    Inuyasha is probably far beyond the line of crapfest so you're soiled anyway.

All my picks are good, I'm not a Gorecreep for nothing.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

>.> scary things aren't really my forte, but i do know of dark ones that other people have watched and adored...

Boogie Pop Phantom (it's wierd and creepy and creepy and wierd)
    Serial Experiments Lain (i watched this one... more wierd than anything else, but still worth watching)
    Grave of the Fireflies (post-WWII Japan... yeah... i think that says it all)
    She, the Ultimate Weapon (saw this one myself, watched the whole anime in one night... i was completely devistated and barely made it through the day and had to go up to the office to explain my crying was cuz i stayed up watching a really sad, realistic, apocolyptic Japanese cartoon...)
    Afro Samurai (i'm not sure if this is what you're looking for... it's an amazing anime by American artists for Spike TV, and it will be airing soon... the first episode, the main character watches his father's head get shot off and then thrown at his feet... yeah... it's all about revenge... it has very fluid movement, almost like Cowboy Bebop)

--> Link to Afro Samurai Intro Thingy <-- (my Darling found some more clips of episodes but i don't know where they are... perhaps i'll ask him to post them if you're interested...)

^_^ hope that helps!

p.s.: yeah, X-the anime is a goodie!
    Last edited by Hassun; Jan 16, 2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: corrected the Saikano title and Lain

Newbie Anime Lover 206 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Inuyasha is probably far beyond the line of crapfest so you're soiled anyway.

All my picks are good, I'm not a Gorecreep for nothing.
    I may already be soiled, but in my defense, I don't actually own any Inuyasha, just watch it on T.V. when I happen to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    >.> scary things aren't really my forte, but i do know of dark ones that other people have watched and adored...

Boogie Pop Phantom (it's wierd and creepy and creepy and wierd)
    Serial Expiraments Lain (i watched this one... more wierd than anything else, but still worth watching)
    Grave of the Fireflies (post-WWII Japan... yeah... i think that says it all)
    Shii, the Ultimate Weapon (saw this one myself, watched the whole anime in one night... i was completely devistated and barely made it through the day and had to go up to the office to explain my crying was cuz i stayed up watching a really sad, realistic, apocolyptic Japanese cartoon...)
    Afro Samurai (i'm not sure if this is what you're looking for... it's an amazing anime by American artists for Spike TV, and it will be airing soon... the first episode, the main character watches his father's head get shot off and then thrown at his feet... yeah... it's all about revenge... it has very fluid movement, almost like Cowboy Bebop)

--> Link to Afro Samurai Intro Thingy <-- (my Darling found some more clips of episodes but i don't know where they are... perhaps i'll ask him to post them if you're interested...)

^_^ hope that helps!

p.s.: yeah, X-the anime is a goodie!
    Thanks for your help. I'll check some of these out too. I keep writing all these down and trying to check on as many as I can. My friend saw Afro Samurai and said it was pretty good. I have seen the preview and it seems like I would enjoy it so i'm gonna check that one out too.

Thanks again everyone.

Otaku Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft's Avatar
    Thanks

i wouldnt say that she, the ultimat wepon is a dark anime. sure some bad stuff happens but i would say its more romance than dark

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Lover 206 View Post
    I prefer the darker more sinister anime's myself. Some of my favorites are:

Berserk
    Akira
    Vampire Hunter D
    Samurai X
    Ninja Scroll
    Wicked City
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Inuyasha
    Ghost in the shell
    Jin-Roh

I'm trying to find some more dark, gory, evil, hardcore type anime's. Full length movies or long series are both fine. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
    hmmm...try trinity blood, or basilisk, those r really good, at least i think so

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Newbie asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters's Avatar
    Thanks

as someone said earlier, definitely watch x the series not x the movie.
    and you might like darkside blues. i havent seen it in a long time, but i remember liking it.
    buy manga. watch anime on youtube.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxious_Craft View Post
    i wouldnt say that she, the ultimat wepon is a dark anime. sure some bad stuff happens but i would say its more romance than dark
    'She the Ultimate Weapon' is also distributed under the name 'Saikano'. It is one of the better Adult themed series out there. But let's be truthful here. with a series ending comparable to the 'End of Evangelion' Movie, this series has tragic romance written all over it, with no one living happily every after...

VIZ Media website: SAIKANO-USA.com

Madman Entertainment: Saikano website
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast