Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me some...anime?

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Recommend me some...anime?

Well...since this place allows such request threads...gimme some anime to watch.

Useally like highly styled anime like FLCL and Noien. Slower anime like Zettai Shounen and Gilgamesh. Anime with hints of or is shota. And random short anime like KO Beast and such. I don't mind if it's old as long as I can find it and I don't useally like anime over 26 episodes. Recently seen Clockwork Fighters, Sumomomo Momomo and Shounen_Onmyouji.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Recommend me some...anime?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

So... You want something with Style???? Have you tried any of the true Cyberpunk genre... (e.g. 'Key the Metal Idol', 'Serial Experiment Lain', 'Boogiepop Phantom', 'Texhnolyze', and the recently released 'Ergo Proxy'...)

Other recently released series with a 'unique' style would be 'Samurai Seven', and the award winning 'Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo', as both are very well done series... (And both have entries in the AO Review section)
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Dec 20, 2006 at 02:23 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

I've seen many of those. Maybe I'll get the rest of Samurai 7 DVDs...after I finish getting the rest of what I'm currently collecting...

Geneon needs to release more complete box sets. >>

...c'mon, nobody else has any fancy anime recommendations or shota ideas?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Well, no doubt you've seen the tragic romance known as 'Saikano', and it's OVa side story, 'Saikano: Another love song'...

What else is there... For short (and cynical) comedy series there's 'Genshiken' the story about a college club of Anime/Manga/Console game Otaku... and there's 'Comic Party', (and it's sequel, 'Comic Party Revolution') the story of high school manga otaku entering the Doujinshi publishing circuit. And there's an amusing twist on harem comedy genre called 'Happy Lessons', where you have your typical loser high school boy, and his harem (who are all his school teachers!!!)

For something with more teeth, you can try Shoujo horror genre, such as 'Elfin Lied', and the Go Nagai series called 'Devil Lady' and 'Vampire Princess Miyu'. There is also the related demon hunter series, such as 'Requiem from the Darkness' and 'Blue Seed'

Thanks

My copy of Saikano: Another love song is in a box somewhere...far away. I did like Happy Lesson and I may try out Comic Party, maybe...after I discover how my arm just went through a table that I was using. I was always meaning to see Blue Seed, but never did, normally I choose anime to watch without knowing anything about the plot.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

For a slower anime with a 'unique' style, there's a series sitting on my DVD shelf that holds the title as the most BRUTAL anime series in my collection.. (along the lines of 'Saikano', but much stronger in intensity) would be the anime series titled 'Now and Then, Here and There' It was directed by Akitaroh Daichi (who also made 'Kodacha', 'Animation Runner Kuromi', 'Jubei-Chan') and must have had a BIG CHIP and his shoulder when he made this, to show the world he could make something dark and serious...

Newbie shatteredpain385 may be famous one day shatteredpain385 may be famous one day shatteredpain385's Avatar
    Thanks

If you like randomality and comedy, i would say excel saga. Other than that getbackers and gravion?gravion zwei have some good plots and storylines.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shatteredpain385 View Post
    If you like randomality and comedy, i would say excel saga. Other than that getbackers and gravion?gravion zwei have some good plots and storylines.
    Please try READING the previous posts, especially the first one.

A great artistic (in more than one way) and slow moving anime is Honey and Clover + the sequel.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast