+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Revolutionary girl utena

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

Revolutionary girl utena

Ive just gotten into this series.. and it's hard to admit but... i love it.
    It's so corny i know, and i normally hate stuff like this but this is kinda cool. any other fans out there? c'mon admit!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Revolutionary girl utena

Shoujo Kakumei Utena is a lovely series... marred only slightly by a memory of my closest female friend at the time TOTALLY getting the wrong idea when I showed it to her (and promptly changing the bed we slept in to black satin sheets, buying me plushies and walking around naked in front of me) T_T

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Shoujo Kakumei Utena is a lovely series... marred only slightly by a memory of my closest female friend at the time TOTALLY getting the wrong idea when I showed it to her (and promptly changing the bed we slept in to black satin sheets, buying me plushies and walking around naked in front of me) T_T

it would have been fine if they would have taken out the lesbian themes.. they had that in sailor moon too.. wonder what the meaning was?..?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itachigirl View Post

it would have been fine if they would have taken out the lesbian themes..
    the lesbian themes were great... my friend's lack of ability to differentiate reality from fantasy was less-so.

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it's normal to have lesbian scenes in an anime. Well I don't have seen this anime yet but can't give myself a good comment but I'm going to watch it.

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I love this series! Utena rocks my socks! I used to watch it on demand when I had nothing better to do a couple summers back (thank you, Comcast! ) I never got to watch consecutive episodes, but I tried to follow to the best of my ability. >_< But I've seen enough to know that it's totally worth buying once I actually find a place that has it nearby.

So, I need to know something: Why is it so disturbing when people realize they've got lesbians (or, women who are close enough with eachother that they COULD be lesbians) in their anime. It's not like you're finding a fly in your soup or hair in your sandwich, so what's the big suprise?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    the lesbian themes were great... my friend's lack of ability to differentiate reality from fantasy was less-so.
    yeaaah, i admit it.. they were a guilty pleasure to watch. not like that! no! IM NOT BI,,, aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnyy way. yeah i still watch it like crazy. i loved it. how did it end? i never found out..

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I find it funny (and this is not meant as a bash just a general notice) that Yaoi is so popular and considered totally normal.

Yet Utena one of the few really yuri anime out there (that's not H) is considered less normal in a way......

Weird... or maybe not weird but an intresting statement

I have not seen it yet, I plan to.... It seems cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast