+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Robotech Novels

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Robotech Novels

Ok, I went and bought myself the two Robotech books that have the first Robotech war in them. I go to looking into them and I found out that they aren't considered canon with the TV anime series. What i can't understand is that what I've read of the books so far they are almost exactly like the series that I fell in love with as a child. There are slight differences but nothing so insane to dub it as non-canon.

Basically I want to get your guys info on if you've read them, did you like them, would you consider it canon, and finally if you want maybe spew some robotech nostalgia into the mix. Have Fun
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Robotech Novels

i have read the whole series and it does match the anime of Robotech to a tee, but i think it got slapped with the non-canon lable cause the book series actualy finished the series off with the unfinished 4th series...the saga that follows the SDF3 while southern cross and mospeda happens back on earth...the battles against the Invid King...among other things...it was a gread read for a Robotech fan...we are just now geting the shadow chronicles which is in the books i think, but i'll have to reread them..its been a few years since i did read them...i would conisider it cannon as it does match up the the anime very well...its one of the first anime i've ever seen when it first aired in the states...and still one of my favorites...
    Don't Panic

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

robotech can't be understand, it's because robotech is poor edited version of the macross, nospeda, and southern cross but predominantly macross.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Robotech is where it all began. How can you say that it sucked. Honestly I myself hated the Southren Macross series. I loved Robotech all the way up to there. Also did you even read what I was talking about, the novels. Try actually talking about the said subject when you enter a fourm.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

the project was crazy to begin with, yes i'll agree. but in a crazy sort a way the story line does follow through between the three diffrent animes...its more odvious in the books...it was a crazy leap but it was also a gateway to many people into anime...the books follows all three and ties up many loose ends which would have been tied up if they would have made the fourth anime that closes the saga...I still love it, even with its faults compared to the orignals...try reading the books out...and everything startes to kinda add up...heck, they even tell you where the Space Fold engines went to from the Macross part of the anime...
    Don't Panic

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    Robotech is where it all began. How can you say that it sucked. Honestly I myself hated the Southren Macross series. I loved Robotech all the way up to there. Also did you even read what I was talking about, the novels. Try actually talking about the said subject when you enter a fourm.
    never liked southern cross...ya know, macross was the first in the cartoons and in the manga. i know it's all about the novel. still robotech would be ok if it only followed the macross' story but instead it fused nospeda and southern. which it doesn't makes sense.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

out here in the states Robotech was first on the airwaves, Macross is the main anime, in Japan, but the only way they were able to get anything Anime onto US TV sets was to make the anime longer...hence the fusing of two other anime to give it the lenght...then they were to make a special 4th series to tie up the story line...but this is though the view of Robotech not Macross...he isnt talking about Macross...he is talking about Robotech...everyone who knows Robotech knows Macross and vice versa...but you have to admit for a long time it was kinda hard to find Macross at your local video store in the US (circa 1980's) but Robotech was around on TV...even now theres a distinct lack of the Macross universe here...other than Macross Plus...theres just no love for us macross fans in the US...but again this is about the robotech novels...have you tried reading them?
    Don't Panic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jepray View Post
    out here in the states Robotech was first on the airwaves, Macross is the main anime, in Japan, but the only way they were able to get anything Anime onto US TV sets was to make the anime longer...hence the fusing of two other anime to give it the lenght...then they were to make a special 4th series to tie up the story line...but this is though the view of Robotech not Macross...he isnt talking about Macross...he is talking about Robotech...everyone who knows Robotech knows Macross and vice versa...but you have to admit for a long time it was kinda hard to find Macross at your local video store in the US (circa 1980's) but Robotech was around on TV...even now theres a distinct lack of the Macross universe here...other than Macross Plus...theres just no love for us macross fans in the US...but again this is about the robotech novels...have you tried reading them?
    yes, i did but i never have the passion for it. i already developed the passion for the macross. but i have to admit the beauty of creativity that was applied for robotech. i would be even more nice if robotech was animated orginally or even made into a real life tv series.

btw, anyone here seen the new macross? besides me.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast