Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Romeo x Juliet

Newbie Lady Asphyxia is off to a good start Lady Asphyxia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: RomeoxJuliet

It was a very nice first episode. It's hard not to weigh this against Gankutsuou on some levels, although it doesn't have Gankutsuou's wild art direction. Young Montague is the spitting image of the Count, and I have an awful feeling that poor Benvolio is saddled with the exact same problem as Franz and will end up the same way. His conversation with Romeo about love was more like a punch in the stomach than mere deja vu.

At the same time, even though Junichi Sato is the voice director and not the overall director, it sure feels like one of his shows. Classic Sato humor and all that. It also bears even less resemblance to the original story than Gankutsuou did to The Count of Monte Cristo. People have been throwing around Kaleido Star comparisons, and I suppose I can see that, because Romeo x Juliet has a ton of heart. If I end up adoring Juliet even half as much as Kaleido Star's heroine, this could get dangerous...

I have to confess that I quite dig the OP. I like the Japanese lyrics a lot better than the English lyrics, actually.
    ~Obviously you can't chat about anything...even if you explain yourself~

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Asphyxia View Post
    I have to confess that I quite dig the OP. I like the Japanese lyrics a lot better than the English lyrics, actually.
    I love the OP and the English lyrics don't even compare, hehe. :]

Do think there's any great significance with the different flowers that are used in the anime? The iris for Capulets and the rose for the Montagues.

I read before that the white iris (on a red background) used to be a symbol of Florence, Italy until the de Medici family changed it into a red iris (on a white background) as a symbol of change in political power. The rose is used a lot historically, too.

I really don't know how Gonzo will wrap this all up, though. There's still a lot of development that needs to be done and questions to be answered. It kinda makes my head spinny, hehe.
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

Thanks

Actaully I was looking more into the the pictures and such and wondered why they kept showing up. I knew it had to do with the differences between the two families. Thanks a lot for clearing that up. Nice point out by the way. In all, I do think that Gonzo will have the potential of pulling it all together...I just do hope.

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

I just finished watching episode 4 and now I really can't wait for next week's episode--much more than I was about this episode.

For anyone who can't get a hold of the the Romeo X Juliet anime, you can find episode summaries of it on Omni's Random Curiosity. He has tons of screenshots and really in-depth summaries.

I use his summaries to help me understand what's going on cuz I can't understand some of the parts just from watching the raw. My Japanese isn't good enough yet. ^^;
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

Thanks

Re: Romeo x Juliet

I have not gotton to watching it, to be honest (T.T)....I will get to it though during the day. But reading the outcome from you just makes me want to go do it now....but if I do then I'll want more! I so wish this show was a weekly thing (air for 5 daysand so on). My japanese is still a bit rusty too, but dang it I will know what thery say (Get's out notes from class).

Banned Jamie5192 is off to a good start Jamie5192's Avatar
    Thanks

oh... sorry... isn't it based upon the play though??? I think I read about it though when I was doing a resaerch paper for it...

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

When I first heard about this series I was really skeptical about how well it will be executed. Mainly because of the new additions added to the original play by Shakespeare - Mecha - this will bring Shakespeare back from his grave. Out of all of these they had to spell William as Whilliam in the opening credits.

I planned on skipping this series but I ended up watching because Kawasumi is voicing one of the characters in romeoxjuliet. Its good...so far. I can't trust Gonzo except for the animation. Judging from Gonzo history, they always fuk up the story. It might be promising now, but I won't keep my hopes up. It sucks that the op won't be released till June and I was vigorously looking for the album last night on the net.

Thanks

Even so, GONZO can pull some amazing shows. Even if they have very few that has actaully shined...but when it comes to stories like these, they tend to do great. But I do hope they don't mess up or lose focus in the plot, we'll just have to see. Overall, I have great expectations for Romeo x Juliet.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast