+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saint Seiya

Otaku aeonking is off to a good start
    Thanks

Saint Seiya

I saw this anime once and it was called Saint Seiya, I wanted to know if anyone else on here has ever seen or heard of this anime.

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Saint Seiya

Saint Seiya *thinking.....* is'nt that i game, i'm sure i've seen the saying "Saint Seiya" on a cover off a game.... That the only place i've heard about it

Otaku aeonking is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yeah it's a game as well but theirs also an anime series as my girlfreind has them on DVD.

I know it's about these saints that have a cloth thing and are generally star signs. They have these all powerful moves.

Does that shine any light for you?

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope.... The only animation i think off, that may be a little close to "Saint Seiya" is "Ray Earth"

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Saint Seiya one of the koolest anime shows ever made in late 80's. There are 4 sagas/chapters if i am not mistaken. The current one is Hades Chapter.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Saint Seiya'. That was a Toei Studio production of the late 1980s set in the period of Greek Myths and Heroes. The series was also released in the US in a edited form under the name 'Knights of the Zodiac'. The series wasn't that popular in the US market, but in Japan its popular enough that the most recent OVA episodes came out this year...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Bro! best anime ever.

The anime series is devided into Sanctuary, Asgard, Poseidon and Hades (Chapter Sanctuary, Chapter Inferno, and Chapter Elysion) although the Asgard saga in not part of the original magna series.

There has also been 5 movie releases (Saint Seiya Gekijōban), The Gods's Ardent Battle (Kamigami no Atsuki Tatakai), The Legend of the Crimson Boy (Shinku no Shōnen Densetsu), Warriors of the Last Holy War (Saishū Seisen no Senshi-tachi) and Heaven Chapter ~Overture (Tenkai-hen Josō~Overture) however this movies do not fallow the chronology of the series and in their is many contradiction in the story.

August of 2003 the series was air on cartoon network under the name "Knight of the Zodiac". Cartoon Network version of saint seiya was heavaly edited. They removed the violence, bloodshed, religious themes (blood was colored blue and called sweat), and characters were said to be imprisoned rather than being killed.

The main reason to all the editing is that US rights were held jointly by DiC and ADV Films. Dic held the tv rights while ADV films held the dvd rights.

About the only good thing that Cartoon Network's Knight of the Zodiac had was the opening song. It was a remake of A Flock of Seagulls' song I Ran.

However ADV films DVD release of Saint Seiya it was "excellent". There were almost no changes form the original series.

Currently, Masami Kurumada the creator of Saint Seiya has announced that the produnction of Chapter Elysion has begun.

Also Kurumada has continue with the manga. So far he has written 3 new sagas Next Dimension, Episode G, The Lost Canvas. At the moment the only one I have read is the Episode G. It is pretty good. In this saga the gold saint are fighting the TItans of greek Mythology.

If any you guys have any questions about the series just let me know.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

If this Saint Seiya is really Knights of the Zodiac, then I may have seen it. I think the intro theme was "I Ran' by "A Flock of Seagulls". That's my all time favorite song, and i was shocked that it was used in an anime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast